My Beardie Sure Is Getting Finaghy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
My Beardie is more finaghy than a cat. She was born March 10th and was a big time eater. Since she turned 7 months old she only eats when she wants to. She has water all the time, salad & fruit offered everyday, crickets offered every other day now and of course treats 2-3 times aweek (wax, meal or butter worms).
Sometimes she goes 4 days before she'll eat crickets. I only give her worms if she eats some crickets, either later that day or the next. If I offer her worms first she won't eat any crickets.
I take her out everyday and she has a bath twice a week (more in the summer).
She hasn't grown since Sept 17th (45.5 cm/ 18" ) and hasn't gained any weight since Sept. 12th (450 g / 15.9 oz). Also she hasn't shed since before those dates. She's alot more lazy, but looks really heathy.

It's almost like she was expecting to go into burmanation this year. The temps are all the same except the lights are now on 12 hours.

Is this normal behavior?

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":2kv7rig9 said:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/
Some dragons try to go into brumation at an earlier age, as described in this article. Are you dusting her food? What UV source do you use for her? I would avoid meal worms and get super worms instead.

I'll read that article.
I will only use a reptisun 10.0. They are actually super worms (large) not the smaller meal worms.
Up until her eating habits changed, she gets calcium and herptivite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom