My beardie rescue story! With ALOT of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I wanted to share with you guys a great rescue success story! This past memorial day I was at a cookout and the weather was great for my bearded dragon so I took him along with me since I only planned to be there maybe an hour or two and he loves to go places and be outside so he went. While I was at the cookout of the person that was hosting it they brought out their bearded dragon to show off, my heart instantly sunk and went numb. There laid the skinniest, darkest saddest looking dragon I had ever seen, she was beat up, bleeding and had sores. I sat there with her, petting it and thinking up how I could take this dragon home with me. My mother was there also and she loves bearded dragons almost just as much, I could tell she was thinking the same thing. We offered to take her and nurse her back to health then they could "have her back." Needless to say we had no plans to give these people this amazing strong dragon back, I still to this day wonder how she lived through all that. She didn't have lights, tank was filled with feces and was housed with a male dragon, also she was bred about 3-4 times. I want to thank Tracie on here so much for all the help she gave me because I've had a lot of rough patches bringing her back to good health (seizures, eyes being closed for days, laying eggs, loaded with pinworms, the start of metabolic bone disease, ect.)
Here are some pics of her gradually getting better!

First day we got her
169roso.jpg

These were some of the sores, they were healing up here.
zlxemv.jpg

First week having her, basking on the neighbors leg lol.
23j01sz.jpg

2 weeks after, gaining some weight!
28s9d3b.jpg

Here are a couple 3 week photos.
vipv04.jpg

dbhbug.jpg

9pz7zc.jpg

Oh this also happened in the 3rd week, she decided to lay eggs right before I had to go to work so I tossed a whole bunch of dirt in the cage so that she could dig, best I could do on such short notice :/ she laid 22 eggs! I froze all of them for 4 days just to make sure none would hatch though.
13zxx6s.jpg

Here she is with my male! No worries they are always supervised when around eachother, they actually get along amazingly. This is 6 weeks.
1zzwd2.jpg

And here she is today!
29kucux.jpg

zelphos

Original Poster
Thank you! I am amazed at her color. she is a bright orangish reddish which the last picture doesn't show unfortunately. She gradually starting getting her color back, I just can't believe how dull she was and how beautiful she is now! She still has plenty more to grow but I wanted to share how far she has come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom