My beardie needs Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bearded dragon that is 4 years old. His name is Aang. He has been doing very well. Eating his food and his greens. He seems to love his food. He uses the bathroom regularly and drinks water just fine. Today i noticed he has 4 or 5 bumps near his anus. They have black specks in the middle of them ( kind of like a black head). They are hard and appear to be getting bigger. Please help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...it sounds like femoral pores that you are describing. If you Google it, you'll see what they look like.

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
I agree that it sounds like you are describing his femoral pores. They are totally normal. Adult males, in particular, often have very large pores and will secrete a substance from them. This is a normal situation and it does not mean anything is wrong. They do often look like blackheads or pimples on mature males, especially when they are oozing the stuff they produce.

Breebaby11

Original Poster
Thank y'all for your input:) today they are bigger. And they are hard. The biggest one doesn't have the black speck anymore. I will try to get a picture of them in a little bit when he is done eating.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like femoral pores to me too :) I got seriously worried the first time I noticed our male's femoral pores. If it wasn't for the info on this site, I probably would have taken him to the vet lol! :oops:
Make sure you don't flip your dragon on his back to get the pics, since they can't breathe very well on their backs (sorry if you knew that already though!)

Breebaby11

Original Poster
IMG_20121119_143502_zpsfa0fe3dd.jpg

IMG_20121119_143427_zpsc65b4379.jpg

IMG_20121119_143513_zpsb41469b8.jpg

On the third picture, you can see the big bump to the left kind of.

Breebaby11

Original Poster
Well thanks so much! That is much weight off our shoulders:) Im glad our baby boy is ok! If I have any other problems or questions I know right where to go from now on. And yall just saved me like a $75 vet visit :D Ohhh will they ever go away??

Lurhstaap

Juvie Member
Yep. The excretions from the pores often harden and form 'plugs'. From what I have been reading that's typical. Unless you see some sign of actual swelling or inflammation or redness it's likely just the normal plug-forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom