My beardie looses his/her insides??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstadt1985

Hello All!

So just recently within the last month or so when we let our beardie run around the house, we have noticed something very strange. He/she (we havent figured that out yet) will try "mating" with whatever he can get his hands on! Which is fine, but towards the end something comes out of his bottom. It look like internal organs, a very hard red almost purple with large white oval shaped things attached to it. Eventually after about 5-10 minutes it all goes back inside but he will lay there until it does. This has happened twice. We are assuming that it may be his reproductive organs and maybe its normal. But we need help because it worries me!!! Anything advice?? Please help, and thank you!

vampy

Juvie Member
haha, i've never heard of a beardie trying to mate with inanimate objects before.

Insidey parts coming out of the vent is normally a prolapse, but if he does it when he is horny it could well be his hemipenes. If you click here, you can see a video my bf made of his dragons mating...it's got a pretty good closeup of the male's parts and you see them retracting back inside when he is done. If it looks like that, you've probably got nothing to worry about, but I'd wait to get more replies from more experienced people too...as I said, I had no idea they would want to try and mate with random stuff around the house!

jackstadt1985

Original Poster
YEP! thats is what it looks like! Thank you so much. I will keep a look out for more responses. It is kind of funny. He has done it to my brother in laws tennis shoe, my boyfriends son's backpack, and my slipper! :) its okay though, now that I know he is okay, thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom