my beardie isn't acting right

Status
Not open for further replies.

krytonite

Original Poster
looks like she is still week today the pet store said it could take a few days before she gets back to herself. I put 1 cricket in her tank with her just a few minutes ago to see if she is ready to eat them but I'm still giving soy yogurt..

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I would mix in some calcium with the soy yogurt to help her calcium levels out some. I hope everything works out, and as stated previously keep us posted on her condition please.

krytonite

Original Poster
ok questions.
1. she hasnt pooped for 3 days.
2. she hasn't ate anything but the soy yogurt that i have force fed her..
3. she just ran over to the corner of her tank and turned completely over on her back..
this happened after i gave her her bath. I'm Scared that she isn't gonna make it..

krytonite

Original Poster
ok while i was making my last post. she pooped and it didnt look right. it wast as dark as all her other poo's. I'm really worried about her. what should i do. other than everything else that i am doing.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The color of the poo could be because all your baby has been eating is soy yogurt.

Curiously, what brand of soy yogurt are you giving?

How are you giving the soy yogurt? Through a syringe? How much of the yogurt is your baby eating?
Have you tried feeding your baby babyfood? Maybe just put a dab of it on your babies nose and hopefully it will lick it off.

You do have the reptisun 10.0 bulb now right? It is the tube bulb?
I assume you don't dust with calcium or multivitamin? Well when you can, you really should invest some money into at least getting the calcium. Babies really need it along with there uvb.

Flipping on the back is not a good sign, which is also why I ask about the soy yogurt. If there is an added vitamin A in it, you might want to consider stoping with the soy yogurt and just using baby food.

Sorry for the ton of questions, but I think they should be answered, especially since your beardie seems to have declined in health despite your best efforts.

-Brandon

krytonite

Original Poster
whole soy & co. blueberry flavor that was all the store had. 30% RVD Calcuim. I'll TRy the baby food. yes that is the type of bulb that i have.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I checked the nutrition facts and there is no added vitamin A so that is good.

You didn't mention how you are giving your baby the yogurt, and how much he/she is taking. Can you clarify on this?

-Brandon

krytonite

Original Poster
two or three drops every couple of hours.. But i just gave her some chicken baby food she didnt eat much but atleast she was licking it off her nose in stead of me having to force feed. that made me feel good but I'm not getting my hopes up..

And also I have never mentioned that the day i bought her from the pet store. The guy that got her out for me to buy her she jumped out of his hand and hit the floor.. from about 4 feet up. do u think this could have something to do with this. She is breathing fine and no limbs are broke. she hit the floor on her belly.. she also has a toe that stays up kinda like it is stuck up..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like your baby had MBD to me.
Hopefully, when you get the calcium, coupled with the reptisun, the MBD will stop getting worse. You can't fix MBD but you can stop it, and you want to stop it as soon as you can which is why you should look into getting a liquid calcium.

It is very good that your baby licked some of the baby food off of its nose. That is great.

Your dragon needs to be able to get within 6-8 inches of the bulb. Remember that if you are placing it on top of the screen, the screen will filter out a good chunk of it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom