my beardie isn't acting right

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
has she had a fecal done to determine what parasites she actually has , maybe the albon isnt the right medicine for her. Not sure what else to tell you

krytonite

Original Poster
I just found out that the bulb that i have is not a uv bulb. So would this make her act the way she is acting.. and also should i stop giving her the albon. If her problem is the light source.

krytonite

Original Poster
I took a uvb light from one of my other dragons for the night to see if it works but will by her a new one. Still need advice on the albon should i keep giving it to her or should i stop. can anyone help me with this decision..

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
make sure the bulb you get is a UVB not just a UVA bulb. And yes a bad light and no UVB light can absolutely make him lethargic not wanting to eat etc. what are the temps in his cage again (hot side, cool side , basking surface temp).
again, did the vet prescribe the albon without seeing him? The vet can do a fecal without seeing him (just drop off a sample poop). that way you can determine WHAT parasite, if any he has.
If you can find Drache613 (Tracie) , send her a private message and ask her as she is quite knowledgeable

Hope this helps some

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
krytonite":2v4l14xd said:
I took a uvb light from one of my other dragons for the night to see if it works but will by her a new one. Still need advice on the albon should i keep giving it to her or should i stop. can anyone help me with this decision..

Just ensure you are allowing at least 10-12 hours of dark time without UV present. Or maybe I am reading this wrong?
How is she doing today?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure if this has been said but the best UVB you can get and the only UVB I will ever use is the reptiSUN 10.0 tube which needs to be replaced every six months

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
AlsO albon is very hard On a beardies system especially if she doesn't have coccidia I would stop immediately

Kalyn

krytonite

Original Poster
Beardednoob":12c50exs said:
krytonite":12c50exs said:

Just ensure you are allowing at least 10-12 hours of dark time without UV present. Or maybe I am reading this wrong?
How is she doing today?

She seems to be moving around a little more than yesterday.. So i hope that is all it was. cause i love the little thing and would hate for anything to happen to her.. and Beardednoob thanks for all your help. I appreciate alot.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You are more then welcome krytonite, just please keep us informed on her condition over the next few days. :wink:

krytonite

Original Poster
Ok i got her a reptisun 10.0 light now and stopped the albon lets see how see is going to act. I hope that that was the problem. i will post how she is doin tomorrow.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
krytonite":3jfc5adg said:
Ok i got her a reptisun 10.0 light now and stopped the albon lets see how see is going to act. I hope that that was the problem. i will post how she is doin tomorrow.
Great I cannot wait to hear back. :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You did discontinue the Albon, correct?
I really think it was too much for her little system. Albon is very harsh on their system. No, stopping the Albon abruptly will not damage her system.
Between taking her off of the Albon & getting the Reptisun 10 tube bulb she should greatly improve for you now.
How is she doing this evening? Is her beard still normal colored as well?

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

krytonite

Original Poster
Yes her bearded id still normal color. It hasn't changed at all. but her back and head and tail get real black sometimes..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good her beard has been staying normal color. When her tail & head get dark, she is probably either mad or frustrated at the situation or still not feeling 100% yet.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom