My Beardie is very Bloated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siobhan

My beardie Oscar has gotten very bloated within the last hour. He has been very active all day. Ate some but not all of his veg today which is normal for him. Poop as well today.

When I notice he was very bloated I gave him a bath and message his tummy which relieved a little of the bloating. Don't know what else to do, any advise would be very welcome.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is Oscar?
What are you feeding him recently? What types of feeders & greens do you feed him? Do you feed very much fruit?
What are his temperatures in his tank, & what type of thermometer do you use to feed him? A stick on type, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Siobhan

Original Poster
Oscar is almost 2yrs. On bug day he gets approx 6-7 average size locust and on veg day he gets a mix of mustard greens, nasturtium flower, squash and apple. The temp of his basking area approx 100 degrees give or take a degree and the cooler area is 80 degrees. The thermometer is a stick on one (should I change it).

He is not as bloated today, gave him a bath and got him to poop. He was active but not as active as normal. I also feed him a mix of mussed up organic apple and squash with a little olive oil in it. Will keep my eye on him and if he is not better I will take him to one the very few reptile vets in the country (approx 3hrs away). Unfortunately there are only 2 HERP vets registered in Ireland.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Yes you should change out that thermometer they can be up to 20* off in readings. There are 2 types that I'd recommend you get one or the other...a digital probe thermometer or an infrared temp gun. :wink:

I'm wondering do you see any excess saliva when your beardie is gapping or has mouth open?

Siobhan

Original Poster
No excess saliva when he is gapping. Oscar is much better tonight but will still keep an eye on him. Thanks for the advise on the thermometer.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Glad Oscar is feeling better...I asked about the saliva because sometimes bloating will occur with a Respiratory Infection. An it only takes a few nights at temps to low or humidity to high to bring on a RI.

Again I'm glad my direction of thought was wrong. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Oscar doing today? Did you get the thermometer changed out yet?
The temperatures are crucial for their health & well being. I am happy to hear that he is so much better today. Perhaps it was just an upset tummy? Has he gone to the bathroom lately?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom