My beardie is on a bender!! Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
Hey all,
Jelly has been eating 10-15 crix a day for the past week or two, and has had BMs every to every other day. The last 3 days she has been eating 40+ crix a day and looks at me like she is ready for the main course.

She is 4.5 months old and is halfway through a shed. To my understanding her appetite should be diminished not several fold normal.

Temperatures range from 100 to 80, Jelly chills at mid 90s usually.

2011-06-26170800.jpg

2011-06-26170734.jpg

2011-06-26170706.jpg

2011-06-26170645.jpg

She is showing stress marks in one of the pix, but she does that after shes first left alone. They tend to disappear after an hour or so.

Any info on the diet surge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Trajega":293cpmak said:
She is 4.5 months old and is halfway through a shed. To my understanding her appetite should be diminished not several fold normal.

LOL...you have yourself an adolescent there :mrgreen: I say Jelly (kewl name btw!) is eating a normal amount now LOL Welcome to the wonderful world of beardie appetite!

They are walking stomachs at that age still. I believe it is closer to a year old they may slow down. Some a little sooner ( but not at 4.5 months). Jelly is going through a major growing spurt...maybe more than a *spurt* however :headbang:

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
Her appetite will do nothing but grow from here on out, at 4.5 months old my youngest was eating about 60 crickets a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom