My beardie is deathly sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavthebeast

Original Poster
I think it may be possible that he's really impacted. I'm giving him exteremly long baths and I'm doing that thing where you rub his underside to help him go.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I am shocked by how poorly he looks and you say he's been like this for a while :( .

I think it's likely he is on the verge of being beyond being able to be saved and may be too frail to tolerate crop feeding. :( He needs to be in the vet's ICU NOW.

IMO you need to move heaven and earth to get him to a good reptile vet IMMEDIATELY .

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mavthebeast":1mo822gl said:
I think it may be possible that he's really impacted. I'm giving him exteremly long baths and I'm doing that thing where you rub his underside to help him go.

You are wasting your time with the baths.... this is well past being impacted , your bearded dragon is extremely ill and needs vet care EXTREMELY URGENTLY , he was critically ill weeks ago, he's life-threateningly ill now.

If your bearded dragon was a human , he'd be in the ICU at the hospital. That's how sick he is.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please let us know if you were able to get him to a vets for treatment & what the diagnosis
was for him.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mavthebeast":1rgdig24 said:
I'm going to call a vet and see what I can do.

Good, tell the vet you are bringing him in and he's extremely ill (that way you will not have to wait for him to be seen).

Mavthebeast

Original Poster
You guys don't understand. I'm really trying to get him to a vet, which is exteremly difficult right now. I'm already feeling terrible you don't have to tell me how bad I am for not having money to get him to a vet.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I have heard the excuses .

So you aren't going to provide your beardie the vet treatment it needs to survive this ?

I'm made my recommendations - the ball is in your court.

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
We do understand that there is a very sick beardie that is going to die if doesn't get treatment right now. You don't seem to understand this.

We understand that you don't have the money for a vet and not trying to make you feel bad for that but that isn't your dragons fault either that you can't afford a vet and he shouldn't suffer a horrible death as a result of this. Your only option now is to take him to a reptile rescue centre immediately so he has a shot at surviving. They will give him the help he needs and deserves.

I understand this sounds harsh and upsets you but We are just being honest with you. if you really do care for him and want to help then you need to do this now so you end his suffering. If you just leave him at home he will suffer and will die which is the wrong thing to do to a poor defenceless animal.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Mavthebeast":is4m3l4b said:
You guys don't understand. I'm really trying to get him to a vet, which is exteremly difficult right now. I'm already feeling terrible you don't have to tell me how bad I am for not having money to get him to a vet.

I would suggest like some have said bring him to a rescue... no amount of baths will help he needs a vet. Rescues can do this...this is better than the outcome of him dying without any vet care.
Also you posted in March that he didnt look too good either....did he ever get better? Some ppl advise you about the substrate as well..

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Alright I'm out of patience on this one buddy, your bearded dragon has been sick since March? Seriously?

No one is trying to make you feel badly, but you're not understanding the big picture here, and it's time you grow up, I'm sorry but it's true, and I'm really restraining myself from losing it right now.

You need to listen very carefully right now...Your beardie is going to die soon without vet care. Stop giving him baths, it's just stressing him out more than he already is. He isn't impacted, and even if he was that isn't what is killing him and causing him severe pain. HE'S BEEN SICK FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS! And you've done nothing. And he's been suffering for months needlessly, and that's why everyone is upset, not at you but at the situation.

So here goes my last attempt at getting through to you. He's going to die without a vet immediately, he needs to be admitted to an animal hospital due to severe starvation and dehydration. He's in horrible pain and has been for apparently a long time. I understand you have no money to get him help, but without help he's going to die.

So what you're saying to us and to your bearded dragon is that:

"I can't get him help because I can't afford it, and I also refuse to surrender him to a rescue that will get him help immediately because I want to keep him, even though he's suffering and going to die." So you actually think it's a good, responsible, ethical and moral choice that you're currently making? That it's better he keep suffering like he has been for months and months, and then that he die in your ownership, rather than you give him to someone else that will take him immediately, at the moment you give him to them, and get him PAIN MEDICATION in addition to all the medical care possible to try and allow him to live?

You need to think about what I just said, because what you're doing is not only irresponsible and unethical, but it's incredibly selfish. You're not thinking about your bearded dragon, you're only thinking about yourself and what will make you happy, which really makes no sense at all since he's going to die anyway.

So either way you aren't going to have him anymore, don't ya think it's better that he have a chance at living? Better yet, don't you think if he's going to die, which he probably is, that he die humanely, without anymore pain? Judging by the looks of him the first thing a reptile vet will do is give him a pain medication injection or just sedate him immediately, because he's really in horrible pain.

I'm sorry, I apologize to fellow members for this post, I'm sure I'll be getting a warning, but I don't care at this point. The actions of this OP make no sense to me at all, and now I find out that he has allowed his poor little guy to suffer for months and months, and this is all due to not being adequately fed. So this one is really getting to me. But we can only do so much from the forums.

That being said, I hope the OP realizes that this actually qualifies as animal abuse and neglect. I'll once again extend my offer to help you find a very reputable reptile rescue to surrender him to if you let us know where you live. Or I will help you through the CareCredit process, which I'm sure you didn't apply for either, even though it was suggested to you weeks ago. Why not? You cannot make payments either?

I'll end this by repeating that no one here, not one person that has commented on your post is "trying to make you feel badly". Believe it or not this isn't about you, it's about your beardie.

Mavthebeast

Original Poster
Hasn't been sick since march, he was just impacted. After about 2 days he was completely fine. His blackness went away and everything.

Mavthebeast

Original Poster
And sorry that I haven't posted this a long time ago, I'm 13, with no source of income. I have no way to sign up for that "carecredit" stuff, I have no way to get to a vet even if I had the money, I'm the only one that cares about this lizard so it's really difficult

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Sorry to be blunt but you don't care about this lizard because you are leaving him to die and suffer! Have you asked parents, family members to help.

Where do you live as previous posters have offered to find the closest reptile centre for you to take him to. If you are refusing that he will die because of you refusing to try save him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this, I was wondering if you were a minor. It makes things a lot more difficult. I know this must be so sad + stressful for you.

What is your dragon's name by the way ? Sorry if you posted it and I've already forgotten. How did he seem after the bath ? Did he drink at all while being soaked ? Did it look like he tried to poo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom