My Beardie is being weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I wanted to post this because my 7 month old female beardie is being a little bit strange. She has simply refused to eat any fruit & Veg for weeks now, and is slow with her live food. Her poo is really stinky ( is this normal) and It looks like she had diareeha ( i dont know how to spell it xD ) It is all sprayed out across her newspaper, and it is really fine. This is happened a few times before.
I am a thirteen year old first time owner, so I dont know what is wrong! please help?!

And one more thing, are there any vaccinations, and worm treatments or anything like that, that your beardie has to take monthly/yearly?

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Have you had a recent fecal test done?

Could be parasites, Coccidia commonly. Have a fecal test done by a vet to do a parasite check. I had a recent encounter of Coccidia as of late and it is treatable within a week in most cases.

All poop should have a smell, but if it is enough to clear a room or the house, then there is something wrong. Also, Beardie poop should be well formed, meaning hold its shape like a nice little present. As it is diarrhea.

Let us know, if it comes back positive let us know what the Vet said and we'll give you some suggestions on top of his or hers.

Cost wise, in my area a fecal is $17 and change. My vet wants a recent weight prior to the fecal. Most will want to do a physical check of your Beardie, as well as discuss the habitat, feeding, activities, etc. Usually that will cost $40 to spend 10-15 minutes with the Vet on that discussion while they check out your Beardie. Save bet would be $60 for an initial visit, and if parasites are found, my meds cost $17 for 5 days worth, pre-diluted in a syringe.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
Thank you so much for replying! I have not done any tests or anything as I was not aware that there were checkups. I didn't think that you had to do tests or anything, so I will look into it. Thank you! <3

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, take a fresh sample of the poo to the vet and have them check for parasites,,plain and simple,,,that is what you need to do!
Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
The tests came back! she hasn't been eating her fruit and stuff because the enclosure hasnt been able to reach above 30 degrees celcius, and she has coccidia. We are treating her so she will be all better. Im about to move her into a new enclosure :D

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
So happy to hear you got her to a vet and she is being treated and will be all better in no time!!!

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Glad to hear you got her to the vet! Coccidia should be gone quickly. Be sure to clean up any fecal for the next couple of days during the treatment as to not allow her to ingest any eggs from the feces. I'm going to assume your vet put her on a 5 day pre-diluted mix given orally. I would recommend around the 10th day, drop off another fecal sample for testing to verify the Coccidia is gone.

Give her a week, you should see her pick up in activity. Most importantly, you'll be able to breathe again when she gives you a present to clean up. Should be something you take notice within the next few days.

Cocopops248

Original Poster
I am happy with how I am doing because the lady said that I am doing everything right.
I have to give her 0.01ml of medicine once a day, for two days a week. I do this for three weeks, and then go to get her checked up again at the vet with another sample.
Thank you so much for the help guys! xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom