My beardie has an eye problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MushusMama

We just recently purchased a new baby beardie through repticon. We have had her for just over a week. She is 3 months old. For the past few days she has been keeping one eye shut almost always and today I noticed the lower eyelid was a little swollen. During feeding she seems to have trouble seeing on the side with this eye. We do not have her in with other beardies, however, she was with multiple babies from her clutch when we purchased her. Is this something I can treat myself with a simple saline wash to clean it out or is there a risk of her losing an eye? Please Help!! We unfortunately do NOT have a reptile vet or exotic vet in our area, closest one is over 4 hours away! If anyone has any advice please please let me know!! Thnx!!

MushusMama

Original Poster
the temps are about 105 and 90..the uvb bulb is a 13w ExoTerra UVB100?? i think is what its called. i dont have the box it came in so i dont remember if its a 5.0 or 10.0

Speedy01

It is most likely the uvb is it a compact coil or a tube one I haven't looked at that brand but most do that you should get a reptisin 10.0

Speedy01

Ok yea I looked at that bulb you need to get rid of it asap and get a reptisun 10.0 the one your using is bad for beardies eyes some mvb bulbs would work but are for taller tanks I would get a new uvb light soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom