My beardie died :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnsdragon

I need gelp today my bearded dragon died he was about two i dont know the cause on monday he was his normal self runnig around but when it came to Thursday i found him with a jet black beard and his mouth open as if he was basking. Then on friday he slept all day, still with the jet black beard the Saturday we checjed and he was still asleep but his eyes where poping out his head and his stomach was bloated asif it was filled with liquid. Also i looked near his mouth to see it looked like some black liquid was seeping out. And today i found him hard and still had swollen eyes with the black stuff around his mouth but in a runny form. We have just buried him our yard but im really confused of how he changed from been a happy chap at the beging of the week to being dead by the end.
Can anyone pls help me on what could have killed him?

GitaBooks

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sounds like he could have gotten an infection or had problems digesting his food and it rotted in him? I'm not an expert on herp health, but sometimes animals can get sick and die very quickly, especially if the temperature drops with the change in the weather.

I hope others can help you more. You could send the body to a vet to get checked (I know you buried it, and you don't have to) but it will give you answers.

Again, I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom