my beardie ate an earthworm!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter12

Hunter ate an earthworm from garden and ever since her body temp. has gone waaaaaay low, she won't open her eyes, it looks like she's dead!!! i raised the temp. up 2!!! no vet will be in until tm. some1 help please!!!!!:puke:

LJean

Extreme Poster
How is Hunter doing?
My husband gave Oscar an earthworm once, and he did fine. Kept him hydrated and made sure he pood. Are there any pesticides used in your yard?

hunter12

Original Poster
no pesticides we kept her hydrated but i guess Hunter was better in heaven cuz she already died. i feel really bad cuz i no i fed her! and its all my fault!!! :cry: we might get a new one. how do u make those banners?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh wow im sorry to hear your lil one died but i wouldnt have thought that an earthworm did this, maybe he had something else already.
:dontknow:

erdeem

Hatchling Member
I didn't know that earthworm is dangerous for bearded dragon. Any explanation from experts here?
Also how old is your beardie?

Pleaides

Juvie Member
yes thats what i thought that earthworms were ok for them so not sure whats happened.
so sorry

Tigg

Juvie Member
Earth worms are fine for BD's to eat, the only problem with them is, like all wild insects there is no telling what pesticides or chemicals they have come in contact with.

Good point. I am sure even the littlest of insecticide or pesticide could affect a beardie. My son really wants to get a leash for his bearded dragon but I am so scared to take him out and let him come in contact with the great outdoors!

Jennifer

hunter12

Original Poster
earthworms are safe if u buy them from the store. my mom says it might've not been the earthworm cuz she had this problem be4 (of course not as serious as this). but i researched and the pet store i got her from when she was a baby (animal jungle) bred the sister with the brother! i buried her in the corner of the rose garden. that was her favorite place. we might get a eruamastyx (sorry for my spelling) or another bearded dragon. i cried soooo hard when she passed :(

Oh wow. Pet stores are so awful sometimes. Good luck in getting another one and come on here if you have any questions. I know everyone on here would love to help.

Jennifer

hunter12

Original Poster
thanx so much 4 ur support. if it was u would u get a euramstyx (which u don't see very much) aka cost the same or get anothetr beardie (most popular reptile)

Colton315

hunter12":96a47 said:
thanx so much 4 ur support. if it was u would u get a euramstyx (which u don't see very much) aka cost the same or get anothetr beardie (most popular reptile)
first of all i am terribly sorry for your loss!
ive had a uramastyx and i now have bearded dragons, i miss my uramstyx though they are both great pets
i also noticed u live in va beach. i live in elizabeth city nc XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom