My beardie ate a yellow jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey I had spanky outside basking in the sun with my wife and I ( since it was a nice day) and he was rummaging around in the yard and I noticed him sprint towards something then I saw him chewing up a yellow jacket and before I knew it he lunged for another.. I thought it was amazing he could catch something that can be so fast... just wondering if anyone knows if it could be potentially bad for him. Im keeping a close eye on him for now... any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

Dragoon

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Usually eating a bee of some type wouldn't kill your beardie if he had one by accident... nut you should never feed them to him as a regular thing.
I hope your dragon stays well.

Rustablecoot

Original Poster
oh I dont plan on it, plus it may be tricky to feed them to him without being stung myself.. haha he just got a lucky couple swallows. :D I appreciate the feedback though

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
oh wow.

i have seen Mr Dargon go after them too. i was able to stop him before he caught it.

another poster on here had the same thing happen, and as far as i remember the beardie was fine.

they can be super quick when they want to. :/

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Health (just in case his tummy gets upset or something :dontknow:]

One of my girls had 'inhaled' a bumble bee this summer. Just like you, I was scared to death and kept an eagle eye on her for days.
Like the others said, as long as he doesn't show signs of distress, I'm sure he'll be fine.

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
he should be fine. they arent bad or anything. but they *could* sting him as he swallows causing this throat to sweel and possibly die. so lucky you! haha. make sure he doesnt eat another :D

Burra

Hatchling Member
I'd worry more about stinging the inside of the mouth or the throat more than anything. You would've seen a reaction by now if that was the case, so you are most likely in the clear.

Rustablecoot

Original Poster
Just an update, hes totally fine he must have chewed up the yellow jacket before it even had a chance to sting him.. he is a pretty smart boy! Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom