My bearded dragon might be super sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I apologize as so many have already come in with great advice but the images of this dragon are just heartbreaking...

Thank you for reaching out for help, but just like the others I wish it had been much sooner - it would take a while for an otherwise healthy dragon to get in this kind of condition.

The slushy is a good start. I've had good success boosting appetite with repti-boost.

Please keep us all posted, and photos of the setup and other dragon would be greatly appreciated so we can help with any adjustments or look for any warning signs in your second little guy.

I don't know how much a vet visit costs, but I know if you explain the situation to them, almost every office is willing to work out a payment plan.

If you can't find the collard or mustard greens, try to find some cabbage, green beans, kale (in small amounts). You can even go outside and pick some dandelion greens if you live somewhere that doesn't have snow right now, just rinse them off really well. Carrots are good, but you don't want too give him too much because they're high in vitamin a. Some alfalfa plant, not the sprouts will help with the mbd, and the tube lighting it pretty essential. The coil lights do not give off good uvb, the bulbs are30-40$ but you can get a cheap light fixture from Walmart or a hardware store for fairly cheap. If you want to see your beardie improve, this is a must. He won't be able to process his calcium intake. Getting the tube lighting with also hopefully start to reverse the mbd, if it's not too late. The vets visit may be a couple hundred to several hundred.
Try to feed his the slurries a good couple times throughout the day, as well as dropping water on its nose to get it to drink. Maybe give it a nice warm bath and just cuddle it and give it some love. I don't know if you can find this in stores, but there's this powder called "carnivore care" which is a specially formulated slurry powder to help ill lizards bounce back.

But again, it needs to go to the vet today so they can find out if there's more wrong with the beardie... there is only so much you can do from home.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please keep us posted on your dragon, we all hope you can get him the care he needs & that he starts to improve.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom