My bearded dragon // MBD // What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemyspikey

Original Poster
i stopped super worms because i thought adults were supposed to eat greens etc :/ and he doesnt

i ordered Arcadia vitamins & 40 large dubia roaches which are supposed to be here by monday/tuesday.

and no, he hasn't lost any weight when i took him to the vet he said that he was a good weight.

this is spike in a plant pot lol, i had only just taken him outside that's why he was so dark, after it was taken he became a yellowish colour.
98023-1776224273.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks very healthy and if he hasn't lost weight then he should be good. :) They are built to take periods of time with no food. And superworms are fine in moderation, but dubias are better. You can gut load them with the same veggies that you would ave fed Spike, that way he gets the veggies from eating the well fed dubia may perk up + eat some , if he does be careful not to let him get stuffed. Just 5-6 at a time would be fine.

ilovemyspikey

Original Poster
should i dust all of his dubia roaches with the vitamin powder?

Could this still be a nutrition deficiency?

I'm going to look into getting a reflector for his new cage which I'll be purchasing next month.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just a very light dusting a few times a week. And you can make a reflector simply by folding a sheet of aluminum foil above the uvb bulb.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, some beardies will get full and then not eat foe a while when they're inactive, other dragons eat more than they need and become overweight. But when you find a good reptile vet ask for a full blood panel to check all his levels. [ glucose, liver enzymes, red/white cells, etc ]

ilovemyspikey

Original Poster
Okay >_>

So, I'll be completely honest and not lie >_>

When I put the probe in I saw his basking spot get to around 43-46 degrees.
I got my thermostat a few days ago, and now his basking spot is at 38-39 always. Sometimes it goes a little under that, to 37 but then it heats back up after a few moments.
He's alot more active and he's been pooping more when I take him out. (He NEVER poops in his own cage lol)

Thankyou all so much for your help! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He does look good & that's great his weight is stable also. I hope he likes the roaches & the
vitamins you have coming for him.
If he was too hot then that would be a huge reason why he wasn't eating much or acting quite
100%, either. I'm glad you got that figured out, he should start doing a lot better now.
He only needs vitamins a couple of times a week. So, when you dust the insects with them,
only do a couple of dustings per week for him. The calcium he needs 4-5 times per week.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom