My bearded dragon has a droopy pouch under its chin that feels soft, lightweight, and liquid-filled when touched

LiamYe

Beardie name(s)
PiPi
My bearded dragon has a droopy pouch under its chin that feels soft, lightweight, and liquid-filled when touched. It doesn't seem to cause any discomfort, and its overall condition is good. Could you please tell me what this condition is and what measures I should take?Thank you for your help!
20240424194247.jpg

20240424194235.jpg

20240424194228.jpg

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
With that, I would go to a reptile vet as soon as possible.
It is for sure not a normal body shape, and nothing you could get done with some home-made remedy. Could be a cyst or such.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I'd also recommend going over things like temperature, light, food in addition to going to the vet, as there something might be off and correcting this might help your dragon heal in addition to medical treatment, but to me it looks like going to the vet is required.

LiamYe

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
PiPi
I'd also recommend going over things like temperature, light, food in addition to going to the vet, as there something might be off and correcting this might help your dragon heal in addition to medical treatment, but to me it looks like going to the vet is required.
Okay, Thank you for your suggestion, I'll take him to see the vet.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Could you please let us know, in addition, which kind of light you are using for your dragon? What do you feed, any supplements?
Have you ever had this dragon, or did your dragon have a a different owner before?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom