My BD rear legs is paralysed,help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixv

Hello,I'm from Ukraine,my English is not perfect-SORRY!
Ground-Stones-4-5mm(white)
Light ReptiGLO 5
Heater Lamp
Food-Crickets, and ather...
He is 7months- 30L tank.
I see that about 2 weeks his rear legs not working..:(But however they moving a litlle.... :cry:
What can it may be?And how can I help?
In my town 3 vets clinicks, nut no Herpetologs... :banghead:

He may fall from 1m to the ground and demages his back, if it's true BD will live?
Thancks to all!!!(Eats normally). :roll:
OO, SORRY-Admins-Please moved this post to the theme about Health!!!

Hello, This seemed to happen to my dragon.

Now, what do you mean when you say he moves them alittle? Does he crawl on them? Or do they just go limp when he walks?

My dragon was pushed off a bed and his rear right leg would not move for a few days, So how long have this been going on? And did he/she take a fall recently? If so, how long do you think the drop was? And how did he land.

Is his/her rear legs changing color? Such as going white, or going darker from the rest of his/her body?

Lemme know.

My dragon just had a bad sprain and needed Baby food and a lower bassking area for a few weeks.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hello and welcome to BD.org

ok a few things i noticed about your husbandry is the reptiGLO is not a good bulb id recommend getting a reptiSUN 10.0 ok.
i have a few questions so we can help you out more ok.

you said he eats crickets and other things? what size crickets exactly and what other things exactly?
the rule is with livefood they have to be no longer than the space between the beardies eyes (for the exception of certain worms) otherwise this can cause impaction which can lead to paralysis of the hind legs.
what are your temperatures up the cool, warm and basking areas?
how are you measuring the temperatures? probe, digital or a round stick on one?
are you feeding greens at all? if so which kind?
are you giving calcium and multi vitamin supplements? if so what brands and how often?
so his appetite is fine?
how is he pooping? does it look runny or is it really smelly?
when was his last poop?
have you ever had a fecal sample done on him?
have you ever bathed him? if so how often?

if you dont bath him i would start to in case it is an impaction, put him in the bath with lukewarm water just above his elbows and let him soak for a little while and see how he does then.
yes it is true a BD call survive a fall but if he has a black beard and stress marks and doesnt act normally then you need to be getting him checked for any breaks of his legs or spine or any other internal injuries.
hope ive helped and please answer the above questions so we can perhaps assist in more detail ok.

Anny

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh ok sorry just re-read your post so hes not moving his legs very well because of the fall from about 1 metre?
could you still answer all the questions in the above 2 posts.

matrixv

Original Poster
Pleaides":c0683 said:
hello and welcome to BD.org

ok a few things i noticed about your husbandry is the reptiGLO is not a good bulb id recommend getting a reptiSUN 10.0 ok.
i have a few questions so we can help you out more ok.

you said he eats crickets and other things? what size crickets exactly and what other things exactly?
the rule is with livefood they have to be no longer than the space between the beardies eyes (for the exception of certain worms) otherwise this can cause impaction which can lead to paralysis of the hind legs.
what are your temperatures up the cool, warm and basking areas?
how are you measuring the temperatures? probe, digital or a round stick on one?
are you feeding greens at all? if so which kind?
are you giving calcium and multi vitamin supplements? if so what brands and how often?
so his appetite is fine?
how is he pooping? does it look runny or is it really smelit really smelly?ly?
when was his last poop?
have you ever had a fecal sample done on him?
have you ever bathed him? if so how often?

if you dont bath him i would start to in case it is an impaction, put him in the bath with lukewarm water just above his elbows and let him soak for a little while and see how he does then.
yes it is true a BD call survive a fall but if he has a black beard and stress marks and doesnt act normally then you need to be getting him checked for any breaks of his legs or spine or any other internal injuries.
hope ive helped and please answer the above questions so we can perhaps assist in more detail ok.

Anny

1.zoofobos litlle 1-2 sm cockroach,
2.He has 25-40 C places
3.I have two digital exo-terras termometrs
4.Greens-pieces of mandarine of cabbage of apple
5.I give him a calcium named -Kalfastonic.
6.his appetite is fine!!!
7.he pooping really smelly!!!
8.hmm...what strange-last it was 4-5 day ago:( but not exactly
9. fecal sample (NO)-Need?
10.bathed him 3 times a week?20 minutes.
11.Visually he hase not breaks of his legs or spine
Where can I put his Foto?
Thanks for help...

LJean

Extreme Poster
Sometimes impaction can cause a temporary or permament paralysis. At his age he should be pooing at least once a day. Can you give him a few drops of olive or mineral oil? This and bathing seems to help them poo.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
ok if his poops really smelly then that could indicate parasites so yes i wold get a fecal sample done just to be sure. is it runny also? what colours is it too? 4-5 days ago he last pooped? that isnt too long ago.
so its 25c on the cool end, a tad too low id go for around 80-85f(27-29c), 40c on the warm side or basking spot? thats fine if its the basking area, warm end needs to be around 90-95f (32-35c). your digital thermometers are fine.

so your feeding cockroaches, are they bigger than the space between his eyes? id also try hoppers/ locusts, are you gut loading the crickets? you need to be. if you do feed locusts they also need to be gut loaded i think (someone else correct me if im wrong please) the cockroaches also need gut loading.
i believe cabbage and apple are ok as treats this is a list here for whats best to feed them and what isnt
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutritionframeset.html

not sure of the type of calcium your using, ive never heard of it, calcium should be given 5x a week and multi vitamins should be given 2-3x a week. i personally use calypso calcium powder and nutrabol multi vitamins.

bathing him 3 x a week is fine.
you want to put up a photo of him? you can put the photo in this topic or you want to know how to post a picture?
to post a picture open up an accunt on http://www.photobucket.com then upload your photos there then copy and paste them here in your reply.
hope im helping.

matrixv

Original Poster
cockroach smaller then the space between his eyes...
Color is black...with litlle white...(calcium i thinck).
Thanck for your HELP!!I go to treat him...Your Forum is GREAT!!! :wink:

Pleaides

Juvie Member
im not actually sure whether this would be from the fall or an impaction. just because theres no visable breaks doesnt mean there isnt any or theres another injury so what i would suggest you to do is remove anything he can climb on out of his vivarium, maybe stack some nice soft towels to raise him up a bit to get closer to his UV. also bath him daily in lukewarm water just above his elbows and massage him gently from his right armpit to his vent underneath him and that should get things moving, also you can feed him a little unsweetened applesauce and a couple of drops of olive oil on his greens, i would also not give any solid foods right now, stick to soft bodied worms, like butter or phoenix worms and greens.
hope he picks up for you
keep us posted

Anny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom