My baby laid her first egg... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

binger

Hatchling Member
I just found this after coming home from the vet....
3298431996_a688a5dd8a.jpg

She's now in her lay box:
3298432358_1d399683b9.jpg

BUT.... I can't pick up her incubator until tomorrow.... what should I do??? I've got a container of perlite and some water, but how can I safely keep the temps up overnight? Heat light? Anything?

beardie1434

Juvie Member
I wish I could help in this one. All I can say is bless you two. I will suggest and Someone please correct if I am wrong, I would think you might get through the night with a heat pad under the container and keep an eye on your temps with a digital probed thermometer until your incubator gets to you.

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie1434":d26b6 said:
I wish I could help in this one. All I can say is bless you two. I will suggest and Someone please correct if I am wrong, I would think you might get through the night with a heat pad under the container and keep an eye on your temps with a digital probed thermometer until your incubator gets to you.

I've got a thermometer, but no heating pad... and I'm leaving for work in 20 minutes!!! :( I'm gonna have to use the heat lamp from a distance and hope for the best... arrgh!

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie1434":38555 said:
did your incubator come yet? Hope all is well and temps stayed good. Congrats on the future babies.

Got the incubator, and they're in it... I'm just tweaking the temps now. I've heard anywhere between 80-85 is right, but is that the air temp, or the substrate temperature?

...and thanks! :)

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
scalesandtales":42c46 said:
What is that by the egg in the first pic?? it looks like a bat to me lol
I think that is the egg.

The other thing looks like a pebble to me :| I'm not sure.

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
scalesandtales":177af said:
a pebble lol?? The thing in the first photo kinda above the egg.

A smooshed poop, I think. I was gone most of the day, and when I came home I had an egg and some tiny poops. She layed 19 more eggs in her laybox after that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom