My baby has a large tumor. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Kitty is takng the soda well mixed with the carnivore food. Today was day four of the baking soda.
The only difference I saw today was that her head was held higher and she seemed more content. She basked all day, sat in her favorite window for a while(we have a uvb bulb in that window for them and they take turns sitting there) and just seemed happier. Thats a good thing to see.
My husband and I were talking Kitty tonight. We were both expressing how hard it is to see a little animal as sweet and totally innocent as she is suffer. There is nothing bad in this little one. She is so gentle, so pure...so how did something so awful invade her little body. Painful.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry about Kitty. She definitely doesn't deserve having a tumor. :cry: She sounds so sweet & loving. So she is taking it much better now in with her food mix?
That is terrific though that she enjoys sitting in the window & seems to be in better spirits.
Well, it would be helpful if you knew for sure if it was attached to the organs. If it could be shrunken in size that would be great.
We are seeing an increasing number of tumors in animals, in general & I believe a lot of it has to do with the environment, water, food, etc. Do you know if your area fluoridates the water?
What feeders do you feed & what foods do you feed the insects?

Were you going to try & find another vet for a second opinion?
I am glad that she has been doing well recently!

Tracie

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I need to ask...at what point should i have my precious Kitty put down, or should I? I am so distraught over this. I have a deep ache at the thought of losing her.
I have been giving her the soda to see if the tumor would shrink, but it is growing so fast that I think it would take a miracle to save her now. I can see it spreading and now bumps are coming up in her tail. The right side of her body is getting huge.
She will not eat on her own anymore. I am giving her carnivore food. She doesnt move around her viv like she did. She only seems to take pleasure in being cuddled or sitting in the sunshine when it's warm enough. We live in Florida.
I just don't understand how a little animal that is pure innocence, gentleness, and sweetness could have such a horrible thing happen to her. I thought i would have her for 10 years at least, not two and a half.
Sorry for venting. I just love her so much. I dont want to see her suffer. She doesnt seem to be in horrible pain yet, but she is not acting like herself.
This hurts.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so very sorry this is happening to you and Kitty. It sure isn't fair. I know how torn apart you are. :cry:

My girl has had health issues that have brought her close to this point many times. Once, she was actually on the table while the doc and the tech were preparing her for euthanization with some sleepy gas. I had debated for 5 hours in his office whether or not it was time, and was waiting for a sign one way or another. When no answer came, I decided it was her time. However, she fought so hard and so strong I changed my mind, figuring I had my sign. That was 2 years ago.

Since then, my girl and I have had "the conversation" a few times. You and Kitty are obviously very close. I would talk to her face to face, explain the situation, and ask her for help in telling you when it's time. Then relax and enjoy your remaining time together. Ask her from time to time when she's in distress if she thinks it's time for her to rest. Trust Kitty, trust yourself, and realize that you don't have to decide all by yourself.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your encouragement. It really means alot. Only someone who truly loves their little dragon as much as i do could understand.
My friends all have dogs and they don't understand how I could love a dragon this much, but she really is a loving little buddy. I havw three and they are all awesome, but Kitty is really special to me.
THANK YOU!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Thank you for not thinking I am insane. :wink: We are all here for you and your husband and will support you throughout this difficult time. Please give your sweet Kitty a snuggle for me.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, I am sorry she is having such a hard time. :cry:
You will know when it's time, your soul will. Kitty will tell you too. She is a very special girl & when you have that type of bond it makes it unbearable.
You can also try colloidal silvers to help with a tumor, too.
https://www.purestcolloids.com/mesosilver_price_list.php#ProductsMenu

The only other thing that maybe could be done would be laser treatments, to take it down, if that is even possible.
I can tell that you absolutely adore her. We are all here for you.

Tracie

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
i am reading about the colloids and looking into that. Thanks.
Whatever this is, it seems to be aggressive and spreading fast. She did eat one little cricket today along wirh the oxbow food.
Praying for a miracle for my little Kitty.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor girl! :cry: Let me know if you have any questions on the colloids.
I am not sure what type of tumor it would be but it does sound like it is growing fast. I wish that they could look at lasering it out.
How is Kitty doing today?
That is good she did eat a little bit today.

Tracie

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It has been 5 weeks since i last posted about my Kitty and the tumor on her side.
Update.....she will not eat solid food at all now. Just dropper food, and that i have to coerce her into eating. The right side of her body is getting bigger and bigger.
She is still basking, still cuddling like crazy, and still loves to be outside when its warm enough, but i can see that she is weakening.
She doesn't hold her head up as much and doesn't move around as much, but she has this huge weight on her side.
I did tell her that when she needs to go, i understand and she should just go. I dont feel like its time yet, though.
I cant stand the thought of losing my sweet, beautiful baby, but i feel better prepared to handle it now than i did a month ago. I am just so addicted to her. I love my Kitty.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry that she isn't doing any better. It is so awful to have to watch them go through it.
So there is just no chance at all for them to laser any of it out, it is too attached?
Did you decide to try out any colloidal silver?
I am glad that she is still basking for you right now. If she is taking some foods/fluids that is good for now to keep her hydrated.
Is her beard black at all, or normal colored?
Keep her comfortable & let her bask & move around as much as she can right now.
Let us know how Kitty is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom