My baby had her babies....YAY!!! ....now what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

binger

Hatchling Member
I'm so excited.... She layed one in her terrarium, and an hour later, we had these:
3298994481_f7984f1b3b.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Now because I'm new.... in the bottom left, there's a grouping of 3 eggs, stuck together. Tomorrow I have to move the eggs into the new Hovabator... does that cluster of 3 have a shot, or do I just freeze and dispose?

I've got them in vermiculite, in a container, with a heat lamp overhead and a space heater nearby. The temps after a couple of hours is between 82.2 and 82.9.... the hovabator comes tomorrow at noon. Does it need time to regulate and level off, and will the eggs be ok until then?

...and to the experienced eye, do they look fertile? Is it easy to tell? I know some of them look more yellow, but SOME of that is dirt from the lay-box... some are quite white.... any advice?

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Bump.

I'm not really sure, but I do know you keep the eggs exactly in the same position when you move them.

goodluck.

hayl55

Juvie Member
I would leave teh eggs that are stuck together in the incubator and hope for the best, theres no harm in giving them a chance. And as for the fertility of teh eggs, fisrt off did she mate with a male> and second off, when she layed the eggs did you notice a little round pink/red mark on the eggs? if so, this is teh ebryo beginings, and this shoudl be placed SPOT SIDE UP in the vermiculite. I cant tell from teh pic if they are fertile, but usually if they are nice and white with a pinkish hue to them, they are fertile :) good luck and congrats . My beardie Lilly jsut layed her clutch last night :) go to my thread to see pics if you want ! Congrats again!!

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
To answer your question about the cluster of eggs, leave them alone and they will hatch just fine... I've had this happen before, but if you pull them apart they will die. The egg shell is very thin, yet flexible... If this is torn in any way the likely hood of the embryo surviving is slim to none!

Leave them together and if they are fertile they will hatch just fine!

Best of luck and take care!

Anthony

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hayl55":bf524 said:
I would leave teh eggs that are stuck together in the incubator and hope for the best, theres no harm in giving them a chance. And as for the fertility of teh eggs, fisrt off did she mate with a male> and second off, when she layed the eggs did you notice a little round pink/red mark on the eggs? if so, this is teh ebryo beginings, and this shoudl be placed SPOT SIDE UP in the vermiculite. I cant tell from teh pic if they are fertile, but usually if they are nice and white with a pinkish hue to them, they are fertile :) good luck and congrats . My beardie Lilly jsut layed her clutch last night :) go to my thread to see pics if you want ! Congrats again!!

She did mate... she had a housemate until they mated, then I seperated them.

When the eggs were layed, it was hard to tell, as her laybox was filled with potting soil, so they came out kinda dirty. I didn't move them at all, kept them in the same positions, and got them into the vermiculite. They all look white, no big brown or soft spots.... *fingers crossed*

Thanks...congrats to you, too! :)

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GoFast":a60a5 said:
now when they hatch let me know and I'll take one of those babies off your hands!

If you're willing to drive to Ontario, Canada... you're welcome to one. I'll likely just give them away to anyone I feel I can trust... rather than try to sell them for $. Anyone from the bd.org forum will have free dibs if they want one..

I figure if you're an active member on here, you care more than most pet stores! :)

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
sure ill drive to ontario i was going that way anyways. lol

maybe we could work out something with shipping. Naturally I'll pay. It will cost less than gas to Ontario.

binger

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GoFast":dc4b9 said:
sure ill drive to ontario i was going that way anyways. lol

maybe we could work out something with shipping. Naturally I'll pay. It will cost less than gas to Ontario.

lol! I'm sure if the hatch goes well, I'll be posting tons of pics. If I forget to contact you directly, PM me between April 23-30th (estimated hatch time), and we'll work something out.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom