My Baby Cosmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmo2014

Hello everyone, today my gorgeous boy Cosmo sadly passed away. He has been struggling for a few months and has been in and out of the vets with ups and downs, however bloods looked normal and he was still having bowel movements. We recently found the root of his issue (general inappetence and lethargy) and he had a surgery to remove a tumour from within his GI tract that was obstructing his gut meaning it wasn’t working properly and so he was also getting impacted. The surgery was on Friday, I came home from my first term at uni to visit him and on Saturday he seemed to be doing ok. The vet was pleased with his progress and everything looked good. I went back to uni and today I received heartbreaking news throughout the day, Cosmo suddenly took a turn for the worst and eventually he passed away. His poor little body couldn’t cope anymore but he fought his hardest. I just wanted to thank everyone on this site, I have never commented before but I have used this forum for years and years to improve my husbandry and learn more about these incredible animals. Cosmo was 7 and a half which breaks me even more because I know he had so much life left in him. I just wanted to remind everyone to go and give their beardies a kiss and a cuddle. I will miss my Cosmo so so so much. I grew up with him and he was my best friend. I am currently a vet student and I just hope that one day I will be able to help someone else’s bearded dragon. They deserve all the love in the world and I am absolutely distraught. But again , thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge and expertise. I will carry it all with me into the future. I thought I would attach a few photos of him for memories. I hope right now he is running around catching all the locust his heart desires.

Attachments

• 7F60E1A2-821D-4A9E-84DF-A73CAB75CB78.jpeg
    7F60E1A2-821D-4A9E-84DF-A73CAB75CB78.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 2C951CBB-36D9-4303-BAF4-4BDA8F9E52A1.jpg
    2C951CBB-36D9-4303-BAF4-4BDA8F9E52A1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 703463C2-178E-473B-BBDF-D9086BEFDC32.jpg
    703463C2-178E-473B-BBDF-D9086BEFDC32.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone, today my gorgeous boy Cosmo sadly passed away. He has been struggling for a few months and has been in and out of the vets with ups and downs, however bloods looked normal and he was still having bowel movements. We recently found the root of his issue (general inappetence and lethargy) and he had a surgery to remove a tumour from within his GI tract that was obstructing his gut meaning it wasn’t working properly and so he was also getting impacted. The surgery was on Friday, I came home from my first term at uni to visit him and on Saturday he seemed to be doing ok. The vet was pleased with his progress and everything looked good. I went back to uni and today I received heartbreaking news throughout the day, Cosmo suddenly took a turn for the worst and eventually he passed away. His poor little body couldn’t cope anymore but he fought his hardest. I just wanted to thank everyone on this site, I have never commented before but I have used this forum for years and years to improve my husbandry and learn more about these incredible animals. Cosmo was 7 and a half which breaks me even more because I know he had so much life left in him. I just wanted to remind everyone to go and give their beardies a kiss and a cuddle. I will miss my Cosmo so so so much. I grew up with him and he was my best friend. I am currently a vet student and I just hope that one day I will be able to help someone else’s bearded dragon. They deserve all the love in the world and I am absolutely distraught. But again , thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge and expertise. I will carry it all with me into the future. I thought I would attach a few photos of him for memories. I hope right now he is running around catching all the locust his heart desires.
I am so sorry to hear about your guy----- :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom