MY BABY BEARDIE! HELP ME PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
DanielleandJohn":a6c89 said:
I just put the probe on his log and its 110. I know you said wait 45 mins but i wanted to post it now

How long did it take to get to 110? Just checking, because if it was almost instant, it could actually go way up from there... that's why you let it sit for 45 minutes to get a firm reading on the maximum temp for his basking area. If it did sit 45 minutes, then that's fine, but you may want to check after it's sat for 45 minutes. I only ask this, because it was confusing to me as well. I thought my temps were fine, but after 45 minutes found out that my basking area was actually getting between 115 and 120! YIKES! LOL So I lowered the basking area some, and it's fine now (I retested)

Anyway, sounds like you're doing a great job with the little guy! You definitely came to the right place for help... this is an AMAZING community of very helpful, very knowledgeable people.

HUGS!

Sandi

DanielleandJohn

Original Poster
He went poo today!:D Im so happy. I just gave him some berries but he still will not touch it. i will still get him some baby food to try to get his appetite up! :D

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Im SO excited too!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Poo is a GREAT thing!!!!!! Ok.... now for the gross part... how did it look? Solid? runny? any urate? this can go a long way to telling you how he's doing.

Yes, do the baby food, and keep up with the warm baths.

Also, please let me know - did you get that basking temp after 45 minutes? Be sure that 110 is the MAX heat... you dont want to overheat the poor lil guy!

BIG hugs to you!

Sandi

DanielleandJohn

Original Poster
I have had the probe on his basking log and its 109.9. Its been on it for a hour and half.

The poop was solid (obviously squishy lol) it a log-type form. I had my own little celebration. Hes still not eating well though. Im going to the store in 30mins with the boyfriend to get some baby food for the little guy

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok it sounds like the poop was normal which is good.Now some liquid being expelled when they are well hydrated is normal.The urates(pee)are usually the white stuff that looks like chalk.Hopefully the lack of eating is just from relocation stress plus he was probably stressed out about that MVB being so close to him.It isnt abnormal for them to be stressed for one to two weeks when they first come home.I would keep up with the babyfood feeding to make sure he doesnt becoming to weak and hopefully he will start eating soon.We are pulling for the little guy for sure.The temps sound great so thats good just make sure they dont go over 110F.As for the babayfood you can get some cicken babyfood for protien and squash or apple or both for veggie/fruit.

DanielleandJohn

Original Poster
I have such great news!!!

Today Crunch took another poo. It was solid with a white tip. He also ate 7 crickets yesterday and 9 today! :D It may not seem much but thisis coming from my little guy who only ate 1-2 a day. I gave him some applesauce with calcium, oliveoil and water. He didnt seem to like it very much but ate a bit. i have squash and chicken img oing to try!

Im so happy now. His attitude has changed soo much. He loves to be out of his tank on my bed and loves when i talk to him. :blob5: :blob5:

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
DanielleandJohn":8afc1 said:
I have such great news!!!

Today Crunch took another poo. It was solid with a white tip. He also ate 7 crickets yesterday and 9 today! :D It may not seem much but thisis coming from my little guy who only ate 1-2 a day. I gave him some applesauce with calcium, oliveoil and water. He didnt seem to like it very much but ate a bit. i have squash and chicken img oing to try!

Im so happy now. His attitude has changed soo much. He loves to be out of his tank on my bed and loves when i talk to him. :blob5: :blob5:

Oh that's WONDERFUL news!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! Please keep us updated!!! And POST PICS!!!!

HUGS!

Sandi

DanielleandJohn

Original Poster
I am having trouble again....

He now is not eating at all. He will eat a b it of baby food from the medical dropper but no live prey.
All day today and yesterday he just lays in his tank on his belly and doses off. When i let him out of the tank on my bed, hes active and walks around. I had him on my bed two minutes ago and he did something weird. He would lift his head slightly then it would drop as if he was falling asleep. Im so upset im trying my best...

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Is he basking enough? Has he poo'd lately? You say that he is a bit active when you take him out, but then just lies down? How long later? Does he run around at all? Hmmm

Have you tried bathing him today? That might perk him up. All I can think of is maybe he got impacted.... as long as the heat and cool side temps are still right..

Hopefully we can get him back to where he was, and then completely out of the woods for you.

HUGS

Sandi

DanielleandJohn

Original Poster
I did bath him today. He runs around on bed for a while. Like 20 mins and then he sits and rests for a bit..when he starts to rest i put him in his tank. He usually sits on the warmer side. The temps are still the same... 109 on warm side 81 on cool.

He has pooped everyday including today b ut today was only a little bit. Im going to try chicken baby food cause he likes that alot. The only things i can think of is a) maybe the olive oil is hurting him? or b) the light rays are hurting him. I have not moved the fixture. The light is about 8'' away from the top of the basking spot and sits on the mesh and probably 18'' from the bottom of the tank. He is constantly on the warmer side. Thats the only thing i can think of!

i was told in another discussion my light is too powerful for a 20 gallon? But i dont know i think it is fine considering the warm side and cool side are both equal in size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom