My baby bearded dragon isn't eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy1222

Original Poster
It came that big I bought the reptisun terrarium hood from the pet store thinking it would be better lol. Do I face the light bulb down towards the bottom of the cage

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hang it so it's downward- you want the bulb so it's directly over him-- bulb exposed- 8-10 inches from his basking decor
Karrie

Billy1222

Original Poster
Ok sounds good thank you. So probably wanna take the big log out of his cage then cause it will be alot closer then 8 to 10inches to it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Find a piece of decor that he can sit 8-10 inches from bulb - w/ you changing stuff around it may affect his eating at first but he will enjoy his new UVB
Karrie

Billy1222

Original Poster
Ok thank you for all your help I've even ordered some roaches and worms off that website you gave me I finally got him eating crickets to the ones we had were to big for him. Found out to be was shedding so also probably why he wasn't eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Remember to change your bulb out in 6 months so mark your calendar when you install it
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom