my baby bearded dragon cutt back on his/her eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know baby bearded dragons eat alot but mines doesnt seem to want to eat to much i put crickets in there i have to pick her/him up and move all the crickets with my finger before it will eatand it only eats like 4 of them i have a uvb light basking temps rang 105 to 110 so everything is good im just kinda scared about the dragons health the poo is normal nothing wrong ive had him/for about 3 weeks now had no problem eating the first day home just doesnt seem to want to eat now sorry about the writing and if this post doesnt make much sense

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Some times they do that. 1 out of my 2 babys did that and she has slowly started to improve. As long as they are pooping and getting their baths to keep them hydrated it should be ok. You can try feeding them something else. We switched to phoenix worms for a bit. Then back to the crickets and she eats alot better now.

lpdjstitch

Original Poster
only crickets still a baby i heard that mealworms and stuff are real bad for babys and giving them baths will stress them out i give him im pretty sure its a male water by putting it on his nose every 2 days so he gets water i was just getting scared can u really give him worms that young?

chadwick757

Hatchling Member
Yes he can have worms. Phoenix worms are small and packed with calcium. Mine has been getting medium pw's since I brought him home at 6inches. They are a little expensive but a great feeder.

lpdjstitch

Original Poster
ok i went to the pet store and they gave me wax worms i only gave him 2 he ate them i dont want to give him to much. i put crickets in there i put one at a time i have to put them in his face and poke them around i dont understand that i heard coil uvb bulbs burn there eyes or something is this true? is that why i have to play with his food in front of him to eat it? and i finally caught him eating greens on his own yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom