My Adventure with Riley, Phantom and Quill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am starting a new thread to put all of my soon to come memories with me new little beardie!! I am also creating a blog if anyone is interested (I have never blogged before so we will see how it turns out :mrgreen: ) I know I have a few people who wanted me to start a new thread for this so here it is!!

I will start out by sharing Parker's old tank that is cleaned and ready for its new friend!

Here also is a link to my new friend that should be arriving in the next few days!
http://beardeddragons.co/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=205

Anyone have any name suggestions?? I was thinking about the name Riley but I will have to see if the personality fits lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations on your new home, I know it takes awhile to settle in.

Your new baby is way too young for brumation, it's probably a mix of relation stress and winter slow down. So you have to fix her tank so that she's basking, move out the hide if she has one and put layers of blankets on the bottom of the tank so that she has to bask. Do you have Carnivore Care? If not, get chicken baby food & baby food squash, bee pollen, mix well together, add water if you need to make it easier to feed thru a syringe, until she gets her appetite back. Babies are especially upset when moved to a new place, takes awhile to get her back to normal again. That's what I've done with babies that weren't eating and it worked. It's hard work, has to be done a few times a day, so before work, and when you get home, too. But it's worth it. Plus she'll need baths every day. If you can get some pedialyte or here's a recipe to make some: 1 qt hot water, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well cool and use that for her bath. Add water if necessary. She can drink this, it will give her electrolytes back, which they lose when they're stressed.

Hope this works for you, they're so delicate at that age.

Let me know how she does.

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay great thanks! I knew she was way too young for this so I already took out her basking spot and she found a way to borrow under the wash cloth o put in there so I took that out too. Now she is just hiding under other decorations. I have a hammock in there that I keep putting her on. I'm gonna get a higher watt bulb for her too to try and get the temps hotter. She was doing just fine for a few weeks after I brought her home and then suddenly, this. Phantom went to sleep for like 2-3 weeks and just woke up this morning and ate some supers and dubia. Riley is confused and he isnt even the slightest bit sleepy. He's more active then he's ever been. It's gonna a be rough again when we move them to the new house. I'm so glad I'm gonna have a pet room. It'll make life so much easier.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, that's a good idea, removing her furniture. You have to get her to bask, so important. Her temp might be too low, should be 108F around there. I hope you get it sorted because when you move, she's going to go through it all again. So get the babyfood & bee pollen (any health food store should sell it). 1 tsp chicken, 1 tbsp butternut squash, 1/2 tsp bee pollen. she should eat that because the bee pollen makes it taste sweet. She too young to not be eating, she needs the nutrition daily, for sure. You can add the calcium powder Mon-Fri, then vit/min Sat/Sun, a pinch of each, as she needs all that.

Good luck with moving them. Having a pet room is great, but your little one shouldn't be able to see the others, to make her feel safer. And snuggle her as often as you can. Maybe put a folded t-shirt or something that you haven't washed & hug warn, into the tank, too, maybe cover the hammock with it. That way she'll have your scent and know everything is ok. Snuggle daily, wrapped in a soft towel, just to reassure her that you're there for her. Babies can get so difficult sometimes. I have a friend who's baby had a bacteria in her gut, but she didn't know for ages there was a problem. She kept feeding her by hand, carnivore care, butternut squash, bee pollen, plus her supplements, but her little girl didn't gain hardly anything. So she finally got her to the vet, on antibiotics and she's tripled her weight in the last 3 months.

Keep me updated on how she's doing. I know your boys are going to enjoy their new home. Hopefully your baby does, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom