My adopted beardie, Spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw,that was really sweet + generous of Adriana to help you ! Good for you + Spike ! I see he loves his water dish. I'd like to make a suggestion if I may....only put it in there while you are with him,[ maybe that's what your'e doing ? ] and then take it back out after he's had a soak + a drink. There are 2 reasons, 1) it can raise humidity too much and 2) sick beardies at times become disoriented, and he could easily drown. There are cases where a sick + disoriented beardie is found dead in the water bowl. For some reason they can spend too much time in the bowl as well. So anyway, hopefully he will respond to the meds. Is he getting a probiotic as well ? He will absolutely need it to counteract the effect of the antibiotic, which wipes out the good gut flora and weakens the immune system. You can get Acidophiliz + by pet authority, or Benebac at most pet stores. You might also lower his UVB bulb to about 8 inches awy from him. He'll get more UVB that way. It's nice to see you taking such good care of him, I hope he gets through everything ! Go Spike !! :blob5:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Spike looks better. I agree, removing the water dish when you are not there & overnight is a good idea. He is not very mobile & could drown, easily.
The Zilla jumpstart formula is fine, that should help out. How is his appetite doing?
Please let us know how he is doing. I am pulling for him.
That was very generous of you Adriana to help out!

Tracie

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
oh my gosh!
Spike reminds me so much of me rescue Lexi!
The first pictures where he was so skinny, so flat, that is exactly how Lexi looked when i took her in. And Lexi has MBD too, which has affected her arms greatly like Spike's, as well as her jaws.
How is Spike doing now???
HE IS SO CUTE!!!!
you and Spike are both brave, and you are so awesome for doing this!!!!!
~Em

Spikey1Lover

Original Poster
Hey guys. I just wanted to update. I am very sorry to say that Spike didnt make it over the weekend. We are very sad that he isn't with us anymore :(
He passed on Friday.

I believe he was a very happy beardie and he was well taken care of while he was in our care. We are not sure how old he was, but he could have been as old as 13, so I feel that he is better off now and won't have to suffer.

I wanted to thank Adriana again for her kind gesture to reach out to us and help with the vet bills. It is sad that we couldn't help him more.

On the bright side, we are taking in our nephew's two healthy happy beardies since we have the space for them. The boy's mom and dad are expecting a baby in June, so we offered to take away the stress of caring for two beardies. They were in homes that were too small and now they both have 100 gallon tanks!! I'll post some pics of our happy new residents soon :blob5:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm really really sorry about poor Spike. Once the respiratory infection came in to play I didn't think there was a great chance to get through it. I hope the new ones will do well + have happy, healthy lives !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry for your loss of Spike, that is too bad. :cry:
I hope your new ones do well in their huge tanks!

Tracie

Adriana

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Spike was a sweet, beautiful little soul. Thanks to you, he spent his last days in comfort, and secure in the knowledge that he was loved.

Adriana

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhhh I am so so sorry!!! You did such wonderful
Things for Spike, just know that. At least he knew love and compassion before he passed on. If there is anything I can do let me know, you did an amazing job with him!!
I'm so glad he got to know what love and care felt like, he surely mist have felt it ... My thoughts are with you and Spike, he's just a smiling down on you from heaven right now. Much love to you. Spike will always always always be with you in spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom