MVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

I was wondering if a mvb bulb is safe to use for my beardie and if so which one should i purchase the powersun or the sunglo one? I'm currently using a fluorescent bulb its a reptisun 10.0 by zoomed and I'm just wanting to upgrade to a mvb because I have a 5 foot custom built viv and a 3 foot fluorescent and I feel as if he's not basking next to it with the heat bulb he likes to go on the other side of the cage and bask under the heat bulb on that side. Also I'm planning to upgrade and build a 8 foot long cage by 4 foot high by 3 foot wide and I might purchase a couple female dragons for my male as well.. right now i'm working on a project with Styrofoam I'm making fake rock walls all around the viv with various levels for him to climb on any advice would be great.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have not personally used the Powersun in awhile. I have heard a few people who have used the Powersun 160watt with some success. I think the Powersun 100watt apparently doesn't give off enough heat. I do not however, have any UVB meter readings on these bulbs at the moment, that are up to date.
For your tank size the MVB is a good way to go. I hope you have good luck with them. I gave up for awhile, & installed dual tube bulbs, inside of the tank & we have a 4x2x2.

Good luck.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom