MVB vs ReptiSun 10.0 vs Arcadia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
What are your thoughts on MVBs vs ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tubes vs Arcadia tubes? I've heard a couple of times that some beardies respond better to MVBs than ReptiSuns and then some say Arcadia is the best of all 3. Arcadia is now available in the US and I'm just trying to troubleshoot Zero's energy problem. (Gonna visit the vet today, see if that pinpoints anything)

What are your thoughts on all three? Which do you recommend? I currently have ReptiSun 10.0 24" tube and it's momentarily turned off because Zero always has his eyes closed and we're thinking it could be UVB irritation from the terrible PetSmart setup.

Thanks!

troyncindy

Hatchling Member
we use mvb's, we have tried the power suns, the solar glo's, and the sun force, we have a temp gun and a uvb meter. the sun force sucked, were awful, we sent them back. uvb was low, two out of 5 bulbs burned out within the first week. so we sent all 5 back for a refund, the power suns are ok uvb wise, not as good as the solar glo, and they lose their heat as they lose their uvb, I don't know why, but they lose heat for sure, the solar glo's have decent uvb output. it doesn't lose heat at all, even after you use up the uvb, it's still a good heat bulb. We've never had a solar glo burn out on us, we've had one break, from dropping the fixture, we've had two power suns burn out. We feel as though the uvb bulbs mimic nature the best, one source of heat and uv coming from the same object heating a natural rock in their enclosure. most natural by far, and the flood style provides a gradient of both heat and uvb as they move away from the bulb. we have very happy large dragons, all of them have been raised under mvb lighting, mostly solar glows, none have eye issues or any signs of mbd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom