mvb question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i was thinking about making some more custom cages and this time i want to make the 6 foot long 2 feet wide and 18 inch tall so this way i could put 4 on top of each other and still be able to reach my question is i want to use mega ray bulbs i think this would incrase my dragon's activity. right now i am using 10.0 repti sun and basking bulb and i dont really like the lighting set up this is why i want to use mvb bulb and i think they would like it better. but im not sure how this is going to work out since my cages are only going to be 18 inches tall will this cause problems or no should i make them bigger any advice would be much appriciated .thanks

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Richard!

You would either want to make your enclosures a little deeper or you would need very low basking spots. Remember MVB's need to be 12 to 14 inches from the basking spot. :)

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thank you barbara thats what i was kinda leaning towards the other question i have if u dont mind i read something and it said water bowls for bearded dragons are unnecessary because they dont need that much water and it raises the humidity levels to a dangerous lvl and since i have custom cages i was worried about this as i did not think of this when doing custom cages whats ur oppinion on this? should i leave them in or take them out?

edit: i just thought of another question if u dont mind right now i am using uvb light (repti sun 10.0) and basking bulb .does it make a big diffrence in ur dragon to have mvb bulb or not really. what do u use?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Personally I only use water dishes in baby enclosures. I have open top viv's but even so with the MVB it causes the water to evaporate faster which is creating humidity so I opt to bath several times a week instead and offer water from a dropper daily.

All but the one 6ft enclosure that's divided into 2 enclosures for babies has the MVB's. I just recently purchased a reptisun 10.0. My opinion is I like and see better color an activity with the MVB's.

I have been using the Exo-terra Solar Glo 125watt which is reasonably priced and is comparable to a megaray.
I hear that T-rex makes a good MVB also but I've yet to check one out. I've used in the past on a couple of my viv's the PowerSun 100watt until I thought they might be causing issues in some of my beardies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i think i am going to use a mvb bulb (megaray) i am just going to have to make the cages taller o well though so do u think a 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot is kinda over kill or will the dragons love me for that? also can i just put a normal tube light on the opposite side just for lighting or do i need to put a regular house bulb or does it really matter? its going to be just for light so the cage isnt so dark. sorry about all these questions i just want to make the cages perfect this time and make sure i have everything figured out before i actually start doing them, thank you for ur help barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Your Welcome Richard! :D

Well when I'm done using the 6ftx2ftx2ft viv for the babies I plan on moving PVT Blaze into that viv. I don't want to use the reptisun 10.0 though so I'm going to use the MVB in the hood I'm using a tight beam bright bulb in and use the 48 inch fixture the reptisun is in for a florecent tube. I'm thinking that with 6ft you might need the tube for light. But being this is my first time using a 6ft viv someone else may be better at answering those last questions for both of us. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom