MVB Light Keeps Turning Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaveCarver

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone, I own a Solar Glo 125 watt (A Good One :p ) and it keeps turning on and off. This happens every 30 minutes between shut-offs. The light is connected to a deep dome which is connected to an extension chord which is connected to a timer which is connected to another extension chord which is connected to a surge protector which is connected to the outlet in the wall. I had a light before this one that did this. We replaced the bulb and the deep dome fixture and its worked for 8 months now perfectly. Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I had a Solar Glo that did the exact same thing. I was told that even slight changes in the flow of electricity/watts could cause it to kick off as a safety feature. I live in an old house that has been flooded twice in the past 7-8 years, so I assumed that the wiring was probably funky and wasn't stable enough for an MVB. However, if yours worked for 8 months before it started doing this, I don't know if this would be a possible reason. Maybe something has screwed up in one of your numerous extension cords?

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
I had the same problem with my Megaray.
Try getting rid of the extension cords and putting it straight into the wall.

Do you have any other electrical items running off the same circuit?

Best way to test it is go out to your powerbox, and flick off the switches one at a time, this way you will see when ur lights go off in ur viv, and anything else that goes off will mean they are on the same circuit.

try to minimize any other appliances on the same circuit..

The load maybe at its limit..

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom