MVB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I just replaced both Magick's Mega Ray EB light for a Mega Ray SB light and she loves it. I replaced Semi's T-Rex MVB to a SB light and he hates it. He won't bask under it and had a black beard all day. I ended up putting his T-Rex back in tonight for tomorrow. Has anyone encountered a dragon not basking under the 100 watt SB light? He stayed on the outskirts of the rays. I found the SB's to be hotter then the T-Rex's. Does anyone else have these issues?

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Yes I currently am having this same problem. I notice that hunter would just stay on the outskirt of the rays with his 100watt SB mega ray. I put a second cooler basking bulb at around 95 degrees on the other end of the tank and he chooses to bask under this rather then the 105 degree mvb.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I've been told it's the color the Mega Ray puts out. He is a happy camper today with his old T-Rex so I will leave that on him and when it needs replaced I will replace it with the same. I will save the SB for the baby when I move her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sandy,

I have never had that problem, but, the Megaray is a different color than the T-rex is because the UVB is slightly stronger. What I would do is try to put a non uvb energy saver bulb right next to it. That tends to even out the color spectrum for them.
It is strange because the Megaray & the T-rex are both the same lighting filament & design. Bobmac's lights are personally calibrated by him, & they are strong. Maybe move it a bit further away. He might not be used to such a strong light, too. It takes a little bit of getting used to.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom