MVB at an angle???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Anyone know of any issues with using an MVB in an adjustable fixture so that it can be set at an angle? I have a mega-ray and I have emailed reptileuv, but in the meantime, I am curious to hear from those who have done this in their own vivs. I am building an enclosure and the lights and "furniture" are my last steps.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The instructions that come with the MVB specifically states that you're not to set the lamp at any angle.

The bulb will go out if it's set at an angle. I have one for my baby snapper and when I first set it up, I couldn't figure out why it kept popping off (and yes, it made a pop sound just before going out), then I read the instructions word for word. I then reclamped the lamp so it barely slants at the edge of the tank, and haven't had a problem since.

It also won't transmit the proper heat on an angle.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The instructions that came with my Mega-Ray said nothing about mounting at an angle. I just read the box and the instructions. I don't want a 90 degree angle or anything. I just want to slant it a little. I will just wait until I hear from reptileuv. Thanks!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gregorydragon":88dea said:
The instructions that came with my Mega-Ray said nothing about mounting at an angle.
Really? Hmmm, mine did. Of course, now I can't remember what brand I have :roll:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I recieved a MegaRay two weeks ago and on the sheet of information inside it does state not to mount at an angle.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom