Mushu, the guardian dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I don't know if you remember me, but I was on here about a year ago with my baby girl Rogue. After Rogue died I stopped getting on, but I think it's about time I got another beardie. I miss the laughs and the cuddles. I even miss cleaning the viv. On the 3rd of May I'm buying a young female beardie from bloodbankdragons.com. I was going to name her Kairi (Kyrie), but then I watched Queen of the Damned last night. Now her name will be Akasha(I'll probably change my mind again!) I can't wait to get her. I'm paying for overnight shipping, as it makes me nervous for her to be in transit for so long.

in8q4h.jpg

She hatched on the 9th of April. She's is a 4 1/2 inch tiger, and has lots of really pretty colors! I just love her reds, and the random orange by her ear.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, what a cutie, loved the pic of him peeking out of the leaves. I'm so glad you're enjoying him. Males are a lot different than females, even as babies. He's going to keep you hopping :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Jessie! He's so cuuuuute!
He looks like Vash when
he was young..I'm sorry
to say that. I also love
Mulan, that's what came in
my mind when you said Mushu.
Have fun with the cutie pie.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Awwww! He is such a cute little nugget!! I love the pictures of him peeking over the grass.

-Sabrina

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey, everyone. I'm back again. Hopefully for good this time. Haha. We were short on money so it was either say goodbye to the Internet or Mushu. Obviously I couldn't sell Mushu. Mushu's colors are getting brighter every day. He is definitely a very handsome beardie boy. The lavender is gone now, but it was replaced with a really pretty burnt orange color. I'm doing everything I did with Rogue, but for some reason he isn't growing. He eats fine, twice a day, 15-20 crickets a feeding, he even has a nice plump belly. He gets his calcium and his reptivite. His Viv has the right temps, he even gets quite a bit of natural sun. He has grown a little bit, maybe an inch and a half since I've had him. But he's only shed twice since I've had him. I'm thinking he might have parasites, so I'm saving for visit to Rogue's old vet. He's a great vet. He does need some new lamps though. Aj said I can use his summer bonus to pamper him. I'm getting him a new light as his is pretty dim, a new UVB tube, a temp gun, and starting a dubia colony. I have all the bins ready, I just need roaches.

Oh! Speaking of Aj! Me and him are together now. I don't remember how much I told you guys, so I'll just retell it. Early on in March, things in my family started getting a little rough. My parents didn't trust me at all. I couldn't even stay the night with my best friend, who is more like a sister to me. My 16 year old brother, Jacob, and me hated eachother. His father, Chris, adopted me, but I never saw him as a brother. Anyway I was turning 18 in a couple of weeks, and I was getting sick of the drama at home. I asked my friend Ali to help me find a place to live. She immediately told me I could move in with her fiancé, Calvin, and his roomies. Initially I said no. I knew Calvin well enough, but I had never met Aj or Phil. A couple days later Jacob started a huge fight between my parents and me. He told Chris that I had showed him inappropriate videos. Which is a bunch of bologna as I didn't even talk to Jacob... Ever. Anyway the fight escalated and ended with me leaving a week before my birthday. I ended up moving in with the guys. Found out that Calvin was a pain, and Phil was obnoxious, but after a month I was crazy about Aj. Calvin moved in with his mom and Phil moved to NJ with his gf Eevee. Me and Aj are on our third month now. Austin moved in last month, but we still have an empty room... Sorry that was so long, lol.

Anyway, how is everyone.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So first congrats on you and AJ, glad to hear you've found a great man to be with! And 3 months already, that's also great news.

As for Mushu, he's just adorable, but you're concerned about him growing? 30-40 crickets a day isn't much for a beardie that's 4 1/2 mo old (I'm figuring he was about 6 wks old when you got him?) And it could be parasites, so getting a fecal is a good idea. If that's what he has, you'll need to make sure his temps are a bit higher than usual & also get an probiotic to give him 6 hours after the meds. Benebac is a good one & is sold in most petshops in the bird secion. He can eat as much of it as he wants, it's a gel that you put on his lips. Important to get the gut digesting again, as meds are hard on their tummies. What are his temps, did you get a temp gun or an digital temp w/probe? Those are the most accurate for testing the basking spot. You mentioned that the basking light is dimming? Just get a household bulb, they get hot enough for good basking temps. That's the most important thing, as without the proper temps, they don't digest properly. And you're getting another Reptisun 10.0 tube, that will also help.

So keep me updated on what the vet says. Have you measured his length? And do you know what he weighs? It's hard to tell in a picture on your wrist, I mean in comparison from the pics you posted when you first got him. Can you take a picture of him on your hand again & post it, that will definitely show the difference.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So, I couldn't find anything to measure Mushu with, but I did get some pictures.
received_m_mid_1407250675086_c5dd51f28418bf2086_0_zpsad7c42f6.jpeg

received_m_mid_1407250662794_d48a2dc6ab596d3244_0_zps55095f2c.jpeg

Oh, and I got some cute sleepy time pictures!
media_1407390194885-531947866_zps6554e91e.jpg

media_1407390141259583419971_zps403cc4e7.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He has grown quite a bit, he might be a bit small, I think he just needs more crickets! Try him with more when you feed him, you said he was eating 20-40 a day? Try 10 more each feeding, that might help. Some just grow more slowly than others, especially pet store babies. So you were also wondering if he had parasites, did you have a chance to get to the vet? If you find it's too expensive, there is a facebook page called Fast Fecals by Kelly, she doesn't charge for the first sample. I'm sending 4 samples to her next weekend, you might want to try her, see what she find out.

You might want to give him a probiotic, too, I've always found that helps whether they have parasites or not. Benebac is a good one, it's a get & sold in most pet shops in the bird area. See if that helps him, too.

He sure is a cutie, I just love babies!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hi, this is noelerhard I somehow managed to get locked out of my account. Mushupork is me now. I put up a new thread in introductions, I probably should have put it in the beardie tales, oops. Here's a link to the new thread. https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=210525

sweetiepie9":70hujhgo said:
He has grown quite a bit, he might be a bit small, I think he just needs more crickets! Try him with more when you feed him, you said he was eating 20-40 a day? Try 10 more each feeding, that might help. Some just grow more slowly than others, especially pet store babies. So you were also wondering if he had parasites, did you have a chance to get to the vet? If you find it's too expensive, there is a facebook page called Fast Fecals by Kelly, she doesn't charge for the first sample. I'm sending 4 samples to her next weekend, you might want to try her, see what she find out.

You might want to give him a probiotic, too, I've always found that helps whether they have parasites or not. Benebac is a good one, it's a get & sold in most pet shops in the bird area. See if that helps him, too.

He sure is a cutie, I just love babies!

Okay, money is pretty short right now, but I'll figure something out. I called the vet, but they won't let me make payments. I'll look into Fast Fecals. Thank you so much for your help. Mushu says thank you too!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Oh he most definitely is mischievous! Hiding in my shirt while I'm running around checking his favorite places, jumping on my food, climbing the outside of the fan. It's a miracle he hasn't been squished yet! I can't even tape replies with him watching... Hetries to lay on my tablet screen.

"Hey! Iz over here Mommy!"
20140810_134737_zpsde03b56b.jpg

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
I don't know many of you noticed the account switch. I lost my other password. After this post I'll be using this account and the thread in my signature. Sorry about the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom