Mushu, the guardian dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I don't know if you remember me, but I was on here about a year ago with my baby girl Rogue. After Rogue died I stopped getting on, but I think it's about time I got another beardie. I miss the laughs and the cuddles. I even miss cleaning the viv. On the 3rd of May I'm buying a young female beardie from bloodbankdragons.com. I was going to name her Kairi (Kyrie), but then I watched Queen of the Damned last night. Now her name will be Akasha(I'll probably change my mind again!) I can't wait to get her. I'm paying for overnight shipping, as it makes me nervous for her to be in transit for so long.

in8q4h.jpg

She hatched on the 9th of April. She's is a 4 1/2 inch tiger, and has lots of really pretty colors! I just love her reds, and the random orange by her ear.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was really upset friday. I got on the site to adopt Akasha and she was already sold. So I ended up getting a small male dragon from a local pet store. It's the best exotic pet store in town and they take very good care of their animals. I wasn't very happy until I got home and went to put Mushu in his newly referbished viv. He hopped right onto my hand and licked the tip of my finger. He only went through a couple hours of relocation stress, but he's fine now. He's not as much of an eater as Rogue was, but that's okay. Every beardie is different after all! I let my roommate hold him sunday and turned my back for one second. Mushu decided to take a running leap off Calvin's hands and onto my back. He's fine, but it scared him so much he hasn't jumped since. He hates water so much! I have never seen a beardie react to a bath the way Mushu did last night. He wasn't angry or anything. It was more like he was terrified to the point he was paralized. He loves my hair though. I was walking around the house with him and he climbed up my arm and burrowed in my hair... cutest thing ever! Mushu is happily running around his tank now... he's HYPER! I'm ordering my starter colony today! Wish us luck!

Kaimaster

Awh man what a bummer!! I am really sorry to hear that your little one had been sold :( :(
But Mushu sure does sound like a charecter :lol: and he sure has gone to good home where he will be very happy
looking forward to hearing more stories and hopefully seeing some pics of the lil guy :D :mrgreen:

Kyle

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry you didn't get your girl that you wanted, but Mushu sounds like a winner to me. He'll keep you hopping, that's for sure, love it when they're so active and his appetite will pick up, you'll see. I'm just glad he's really healthy! So keep us all updated and pics as soon as you can, please!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am sorry Jessie that you did not get the girl you wanted but you have Mushu and you will love him for who he is. He already sounds like a little firecracker like my Emmett is. We need pictures of your little tyke. As for baths Emmett was the same way, just keep at it and he will get used to it I hope.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tonja":31jcrz22 said:
I am sorry Jessie that you did not get the girl you wanted but you have Mushu and you will love him for who he is. He already sounds like a little firecracker like my Emmett is. We need pictures of your little tyke. As for baths Emmett was the same way, just keep at it and he will get used to it I hope.
I already do. He is the sweetest little guy on earth. No offence to other little guys, I'm sure I'm biased. There will p\be pics at the end of this post. He took a bath this morning and was fine with it. I think I had the water a little to warm last time. He even started lapping at the water a little bit! It took months to get Rogue to do that!

sweetiepie9":31jcrz22 said:
I'm so sorry you didn't get your girl that you wanted, but Mushu sounds like a winner to me. He'll keep you hopping, that's for sure, love it when they're so active and his appetite will pick up, you'll see. I'm just glad he's really healthy! So keep us all updated and pics as soon as you can, please!
He absolutely is. I'm glad I got him, he's a sweetheart. But he doesn't like my roommate Calvin. Most likely because Calvin dropped him the first time he held him. He ate almost 40 crickets today for breakfast, it's just the greens I'm worried about now. Pics are on the way!

Kaimaster":31jcrz22 said:
Awh man what a bummer!! I am really sorry to hear that your little one had been sold :( :(
But Mushu sure does sound like a charecter :lol: and he sure has gone to good home where he will be very happy
looking forward to hearing more stories and hopefully seeing some pics of the lil guy :D :mrgreen:

Kyle
It's okay. If it was meant to be I would have had the money before then. I just hope she went to a good home. He really is. He's super energetic and funny and sweet. I will work my butt off to make him happy! I'm a beardie slave now :whip: Pics are on the way!

2ptndoz.jpg

This is him the day I got him. The pink plant has been replaced by a red one and an orange one.

jra3vn.jpg

His first sexy legs!

mb26nr.jpg

I have no words for this cuteness!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
All I can say about him is well ummm uhh AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW he is so dang cute. I love his color and he is so tiny. What a sweetheart. Jessie you will be a great mommy to him, I just know it from how you cared for Rogue. Give him a throat pet for me. AWWWWWWWWww

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tonja":389231hk said:
All I can say about him is well ummm uhh AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW he is so dang cute. I love his color and he is so tiny. What a sweetheart. Jessie you will be a great mommy to him, I just know it from how you cared for Rogue. Give him a throat pet for me. AWWWWWWWWww
:mrgreen: Thank you Tonja! I don't know if you can tell in the pictures, but he gets this really pretty lavender color on his spine. Thank you again! I will do my very best to give him the best care possible... and most likely spoil him.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
My eyes are bad hun so cant see the lavender but he sure is pretty and love how he is already sexy legging it. I love his teeny tiny sexy legs :lol:

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2q93lx4x said:
Oh wow, so cute, so tiny! I'm envious.
I was really surprised at how small he was when I first saw him. He couldn't have been more than a week old. It was slightly upsetting actually. But when I went back to get him he had grown quite nicely.

Tonja":2q93lx4x said:
My eyes are bad hun so cant see the lavender but he sure is pretty and love how he is already sexy legging it. I love his teeny tiny sexy legs :lol:
Thank you. He seems to know he's a handsome little man. So did all my roommates. They're all 20 year old guys, but they reverted to little girls when they saw his sexy legs, :lol: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He really is very cute, loved the sexy legs and the snuggle pics. He has a great little belly, too. Will be waiting for more cuteness overload! I'm just so happy for you!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for all of your kind words! Mushu really appreciates it too :mrgreen: So about ten minutes ago I took Mushu outside to play in our planter. It has high wooden sides so I was pretty sure he couldn't run off on me. He spent the first few minutes on my leg staring around like, mommy where am I?
2rgl0ld.jpg

i60752.jpg

Then heard a truck and freaked out. He jumped off my leg and did this...
n3199w.jpg

After about five minutes of hiding he finally came out to look around.
30mn2ir.jpg

103sw36.jpg

j67w1z.jpg

These pictures are a little pale, but the blueish gray on his spine is actually a really light lavender.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Super fun to bring them outside when they're that young. Cooper didn't understand wind which was amusing. He saw a leaf float by and chased it down to attack it. Turned out to not be interesting and he didn't do it again.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I can see the lavender now. What a cutie. Glad he didn't mind being outside but, bad old truck scaring him. I love the picture of him with his head up peeking up over the grass and stuff so funny. This one is going to keep you on your toes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom