Multivitamin liquid and/or Calcium Liquid? Looking for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesphet

Hi there!
I work at a pet store and as you can imagine
it is not fun.
I don't think many of the reptiles get enough calcium or vitamins. I was thinking of using the liquid calcium or liquid multivitamin that the brand Fluker's sells.
But I'm not sure which I should get or would it be okay to get both and use both in their dish or would that be too much??
Usually we only have baby reptiles in.
The ones that have the most problems are the bearded dragons and the mountain horned lizard we have.
(We do dust the crickets with calcium. when animal care ppl remember to do it at least..)
Any advise would be appreciated!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you working with baby dragons or juvies, or a mix of various ages?
The Zilla brand is ok & so is the Flukers. I have not used the liquid vitamins or calcium before
though. Do the liquid vitamins have vitamin A, D, E or K in them? What about the calcium, does
it have D3 in it?
Mountain Horned dragons are precious, too. Do you have many of them?
You are probably correct in thinking that many of them don't get adequate calcium or vitamins,
but you do need to have the right mix so that you don't overdo the supplements, also.
The vitamins usually are only needed 1-2 times weekly & the calcium 3-5 times. This does
depend on the age of them, diet, etc. You wont especially want to give too much D3 or vitamin
A due to toxicity buildup.

Tracie

Jesphet

Original Poster
I'm so sorry I never replied to this.
I usually work with babies.
But I have used the liquid calcium with my bearded dragon dexter who under a year old.
The Fluker's liquid multi-vitamin does have vitamins A, C, D, and E.
The Liquid calcium by Fluker's does not include Vitamin D3.
Unfortunately, the mountain horned lizard died.. It was a tough time. Her name was Rockey. She was doing well at first but then her health declined. We took her to the vet and she stayed there for almost a week. They said it looked really good for her. I was ready to order everything for her and prepare to take her home but the vet called...and said her health declined the past few days and putting her down was the best thing for her. It was heartbreaking.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. I am sorry to hear that she didn't make it. :cry:
What other rescues do you have in currently?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom