Mr Maxmillion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so very excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Later today I'm going to adopt a 6yo mr dragon. I've only met him once, and he was a little shy, but we all need a few weeks to settle in :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pictures pictures pictures, of course! I can't wait! :D

(@COOPER and @Gail :D Late last night I discovered I discovered I'm going to pick him up, so while I revoked my comments that I wouldn't be using carpet, his current owner will never even see his setup, so it's all clear!)

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
He stopped soaking, basking for around 30min, and starting running about, scratching at the glass.
He refused to eat anything, even bugs!
GUYS. WHAT is going on here???

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible something is off with the lighting. I would double check temperatures throughout the enclosure and make sure you have a very defined gradient between warm and cool side. If you pull him out of the tank for a bit, how does he behave? Does he become curious and move around or does he look skittish or lethargic?

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
I pulled out my temperature gun (I haven't used it in a long time! :oops: )and everything's just as I want it to be.
Light is still 105, to the left and right 100, Inside the hide is about 75 (room temp) middle area is 80-90 and the far right is 75. The gun said the tile was 68.
It's 4 years old, could it be broken?
I picked him up for a short time earlier to check if he was actually male (yeppers) and he was very good about it, he only flattened out a little, and didn't flash his beard.
I let hi sit out for a little (I didn't know know if he would get cold! :( ) while he didn't move, he did tilt his head a bit.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
I bought a 16" 10% ReptiSun, and am expecting an Arcadia bulb in two days, as I just bought one off Amazon.
I also want to change his basking bulb into an MVB, or would that be too much UVB?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temps sound good. The gun is probably fine but you could test it against a known surface if you want. Maybe he just likes being in the water. Try putting him in a shallow bath in the sink or in a large pan and see if he enjoys that. The UVB tubes should help quite a bit. Are they the T8 tubes or T5? I wouldn't bother with an MVB in addition to the tubes at this point because it could be too much.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
Okay.
T8.
It's good to know others think they're aquatic too :roll:
I'll try, he's a wee bit less shy. Should I try again with any live food today?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The T8 UVB should be mounted about 6-8'' above the basking spot for optimal output. You can try some live food and see how it goes. Just remove any leftover bugs at the end.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
I gave him a bath last night. He pooped, which was very exciting :D and started to take a nap, so I put him back in his tank before he got too settled in.
Currently it's about 4", I'll working on lifting it up a little.
Trying bugs today :?

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
I just offered crickets and superworms.
I know he's hungry, because he does this little tongue sticky-out thing like a snake, but he refusing to eat anything!?!?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They lick their environment to help them determine what's around them (sort of like a snake I suppose). Maybe try again with the bugs tomorrow and see if he responds. Has he eaten much at all since you've had him? If not, maybe try offering some baby food squash or green beans and see if he'll lick that off his nose.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
Oh okay.
On the first day he ate a few crickets and 2 superworms.
I've put fresh greens (and I bought some Mazuri) in there everyday. I've even tried tempting his green eating-ness with berries and fruit.
But since the first day, no. How long can they go without anything to eat??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
An adult can go for quite a while without food if needed. Just keep offering the bugs and salad and be patient. If he's still running around and active then he'll probably get hungry eventually.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
5 Days later and he's doing great! Bugs every 2-3 days, and he's checking out his salad more often now. :D
He does have a little trouble turning around, so I'll be getting that 75g sooner. He seems to like the
MVB's, or maybe UVB at all, and he's really starting to cozy up to me. I've been giving him a bath every 2 days, and it just seems he can't get enough of the water.
Still very curious, and hardly ever spends time hiding now.
I took him out for his first leisure trip (here) and he rather enjoyed himself, I think. He fell asleep when I was on my computer :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom