Moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki6

I am getting ready to move across state its about a 5-6 hour drive (depending on the roads and traffic) I was wondering how I can make it less stressful on our little guy. He was a rescue and finally just got him in good health and I want to make sure I keep him that way. I have an inverter so I can plug 1 or 2 things in for him. During the drive what is most important for him to have? Basking light? UVB? Under tank heating pad? He is in a 55gal tank now, that won't fit in my car so he will be in about a 20 gal I think (just until I get to my new place and get his tank set up..24 hours MAX) I figure because it is so cold it will be easier to keep the littler tank up to the right temps. He is only about 9" so he won't be crammed in it. I was just needing some thoughts and answers, how to make it easier for him...
Thanks!

dragons1222

Juvie Member
well 5-6 hours is not that long

i would cover all of the tank to keep it nice and dark he should be fine without a heat sorce but i think the light would be best over everything else

he will be fine with out a uvb for that long and uth arent reccomended to use with beardies

just wondering you do know that he will outgrow the 55g correct?

nikki6

Original Poster
I didn't think that it was that long of a drive but what we have gone through to get him healthy I just wanted to make sure!! Won't putting him in complete dark screw up his day/night schedule? Or is it ok for just a day?

I wasn't aware that he would out grow the 55 gallon. I was told it was a sufficient size so that is why we bought it. What size will he need as an adult?

dragons1222

Juvie Member
well since it wont be an entire day i think it would be best to put less stress on him

alot of the time they do not like to see all the stuff moving above them especially birds and other cars/trucks you can leave it al little open on one side he cannot see outside with

but he should be fine since you drive is only 6 hours

what are the demensions of the tank?

if they are like a standard 55g (48x12x18)

then it will be too narrow for him when he gets bigger

the minimum is 36x18x18 but in my opinion that is too small

he will do fine in it for a while but i would reccomend a 75g when he is full grown

you could always build a tankit is much cheeper and you can make them very nice size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom