Moving with beardies and other reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
I might be moving 1200 miles away soon, I'm just waiting to hear back on the house, and if I do I was wondering what the best way to move my beardies and other reptiles would be. I would be selling my car and taking a moving truck there, I also have 2 dogs and I'm not sure how to move them, and the dogs all in the cab of the truck, lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's a big move, I hope all goes well ! How big are your dragons, and how long a drive ? Beardies , especially older ones, travel well with minimal requirements for short periods of time.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
One is 9 months and one is 3 years old. I was thinking of putting all 5 of my lizards in separate boxes (with holes of course) and then putting them all into a big rubbermaid bin with no lid and putting it on the floor of the truck so I can control the temperature. Its about an 18 hour drive and I would be driving straight through.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
I was just researching how to transport beardies! :) Your idea sounds good, and you could maybe put a towel in there with each of them (or at least the beardies, I'm not sure about the other lizards) in case they would feel safer burrowed underneath something?

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was definitely planning on putting a towel on the bottom for everyone for extra padding. I found out that I didn't get the house so it looks like its going to be a little while :( Oh well, now I know for when the day comes (if it comes at this rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom