moving out of state tomorrow, some beardie travel questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
I'm moving from Maryland to PA tomorrow, its about a 4-5 hour drive

during this time, Agni will have minimal access to UVB, and almost no access to heat, except for being set in a travel container on the dashboard

I'm not going to be able to feed him either, because of lack of heat for digestion.

we plan on making at least one rest stop, so ill be able to take him outside for 10-15 minutes to soak up some sun.

I know its going to be stressful, but is there anything in particular I need to watch out for to make sure he makes it ok?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It shouldn't be a problem. Just put a towel in a shoebox for him to sit in. If he can roam around the car (they often like to look out the windshield) you may want to put him on a leash so he doesn't get under foot. Have been on plenty of 4-5hr trips with Coop, summer and winter, no problem at all.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It shouldn't be a problem. We take our girls with us and often they are without uvb for most of a day, if not all and we've never had problems. Unless he's a small baby, he should be fine.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In the summer, heat shouldn't be an issue as long as the car stays above 70 or so. Hand warmers wrapped in towels work well for winter heat.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We made it to PA alright. Now he's grumpy and stressed in his new environment, but his appetite is picking up and he's still pooping regularly. Just finished shedding his head and about 3/4 of his tail, his arms are looking a little waxy, so they're probably getting ready to go too

Had a lot of trouble getting his temps right up here though, but I think I got him set up. Had to remove one of his heat lamps to do it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he made the trip with only grumpiness =). Since I posted, I moved a sick dragon two states away through two tornado warnings and he slept through the whole thing while I white knuckled. These are pretty tough little guys =)

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
glad to hear the trip went alright! my beardie does fine with driving, she mostly just sleeps on me while I drive. they're quite nice travel companions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom