Moving my Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
After a year of my college graduation, I finally got a job in my field! But it requires that I move, just an hour and a half drive but I am wondering how others have moved their beardies. I have very large cages and it would take a while to get everything settled. Is it okay if they are not in light/heat for the majority of the day? Its going to be the end of December when I move so it will be cold. I've thought about putting warm water in plastic gloves (vet does it, Elva thought it was wonderful) in their carry cages. Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks!

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
I've never heard about the glove, but I use rice socks. Fill an old sock with rice (i used a big long tube sock) and throw it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. (The time depends on how much rice and how big the sock is) Test it on your cheek to make sure it is not to hot, then wrap your beardie and the sock together. Or you can wrap the sock and set your beardie on top of they. They can be warmed up as often as you like. Also, crank the heat in the car haha. But they will be alright for a day without uvb.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh no! They aren't eggs! I have three beardies, one is 1 year old the other two are 7 months.

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
crazytwister":07e42 said:
your eggs could turn around and when they hatch they will hatch on the wrong side and die
sorry I just have to buttin and clarify this.... if the eggs are turned yes the babies can die by being drownd in the egg but they will die in the egg and stop growing they will never hatch!

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
crazytwister":07e42 said:
your eggs could turn around and when they hatch they will hatch on the wrong side and die
sorry I just have to buttin and clarify this.... if the eggs are turned yes the babies can die by being drownd in the egg but they will die in the egg and stop growing they will never hatch!

junebug82

Hatchling Member
Congrats to you with the new job!! And good luck with your upcoming move. I say do the rice sock..as it will stay warm ALOT longer. Water cools very quickly..and it would be terrible if your beardies actually put a hole in the glove...and cool water is all over!

So make a few rice socks :) And good luck!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Go to the sporting goods section at walmart and get hand warmers.Open the hand warmers and put down a towel firstthen warmers,then another towel then beardies. The hand warmers work for about 12 hours. This is what I use when the power goes out here.Be sure to place a towel,not very thick so the beardies can feel the warmth but not get burned.That should work for heat and as I said they last about 12 hours. With rice socks they may not stay warm for 1 1/2 hours. Also that way they can stay warm while you get the vivs set up.This may cost about $10 or so to get enough for all dragons as the warmers are about $2.00 or more a pack.
Sara

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
Congratulations on the new job, that's great!!! :blob8:
I will be going through the same thing soon, only it will be a much longer ride.
I am going to be moving from CT to FL... and I'm stressing about it bad. I have
1 beardie and 2 cats, so this should be interesting. :shock:
About 8 yrs ago we moved from FL to CT, and my older cat was the only pet we had, he just sat in the window of the cab of the moving truck w/ us, and he loved it... Our kitten now, gets car sick, and I'm not sure how Falkor will deal... Oh, I could get sick just thinking about it. Anyways, enough about me- I wish you ALOT of Luck w/ everything! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom