Moving items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattykassy

Juvie Member
The past few weeks something new has been going on, I have this small faux cactus that I put in his tank for decoration, its only maybe 7 inches high and 3 wide and easy to clean. Its been there since I've had him, every now and then I move it depending on where I want it. Lately, I've been coming home and finding it knocked over and even moved to the other side of the tank. I thought maybe I put it there and forgot, maybe I was going crazy.
But this morning, I finally witnessed a small glimpse of this behaviour.
I had the cactus on the side of the tank closest to me, near his long shallow bowl (cool spot/occational pool). His tank is a 75g long and up against the living room window, so when I say on the side facing me I mean the side thats not against the window. He came down off his hammock on his hot side, across the big flat middle-tank log, and went right up to the cactus and sort of climbed up so it almost looks like he's standing and then dragged it against the glass to the other side, where he propped it against the corner and now he's just laying against it. Its almost like he moved it there so he could get up a wee-bit higher so he can see over my window divider. His tank is about level with the window divider, its about 5 inches thick and it separates the little sliding windows on the bottom from the large picture window at the top. He's actually looking outside now, he can see over that divide.

What the heck??

The only thing I can think of is he has figured out how to move an object in his tank so that he can see out the window. I have my blinds half-open on an angle so that the cool side is exposed to the window, and the warm side has the blinds so he can't see out the window. If I had the blinds all the way up, he could easily see everything from his hammock. But since its only on the cool side, there are not really any elevated surfaces for him to climb up on and see from.

Had anyone heard of a beardie using an object like that?
:?:

*EDIT
also, I forgot to mention that when he "charged" the cactus, once he got up on it he head bobbed a bit before he moved it, I'm thinking maybe he is "tackling" this object because its relative to him in size and an added bonus is while wrestling this thing he ends up in a position where he can see?
He also bolts for the door when we let him out on the ground now, he knows what the outside is and he wants to be there for some reason. Its weird because when I DO let him out, he gets stress marks.
I don't think he understands that what he sees is different from what it really is.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Mine will she his stress marks when I take him outside. He also use to knock everything down in his viv as he got bigger so I don't have a lot of extra stuff in there anymore. I was scared he would get hurt.
He loves to watch what's going on in the house, he will move around his viv to get a better view lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom