mouth lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

kroe

hi all

first apologies for the amount of text here I'm trying to provide as much information as I can.

I'm probably over reacting but being new to dragon care anything puff does or doesn't do worries me.

he had his first shed with us just a few days ago and he was scratching his head on his bamboo root alot. after this we noticed what looked like a scab (it was light orange and a bit crusty) on the corner of his mouth. this came off yesterday and all seems fine but it come back a bit today. here's a link to a photo of it today

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75426132@N06/7545259882/

puff seems ok he's eating very well, still pooping normally and doesn't seem lethargic.

he eats 40 to 60 medium/small crickets a day. we dust his breakfast of 20 or so crickets with nurtrobal on Sundays and Wednesday then with zoo-med calcium and d3 the other days of the week. he eats his greens and we give him spring greens mostly with butternut squash, kale or bok choi every now and then

uv light is provided and he can get within 7 inches of the source at his bask spot which shines through a mesh top along the whole length of the tank. temps range from 105f at the bask spot to 85f at the cool end. this drops to 75f at night.

we're told told by the pet shop that he's four months old.

my question is am I worrying over nothing here or should I take him to the vet?

thanks in advance

Luke

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
I wouldn't worry too much but it could be a cricket bite so make sure there's no left overs especially at night ;)

You can put some regular Neosprin ointment (not cream and not with pain relief added) to help it heal. We prefer Silver cream or solution or Terramycin but a triple antibiotic ointment will do in a pinch.

kroe

Original Poster
ok I'll give that a try.

I think I may buy a seperate small feeding tank as I do try to get all the crickets out and don't think I've ever left any in the viv but they are amazingly good hiders!

thanks for your swift reply

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Luke,

He looks great for 4 months of age. His appetite is very good so I don't think it is too serious but I would get some type of antibiotic ointment such as neosporin or polysporin to help treat that area.
You don't leave crickets in the tank with him at night do you?
Which UVB are you using, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light?

Tracie

kroe

Original Poster
hi Tracie

we don't leave crickets in the tank at night . His uvb is a strip tube an arcadia 12% ( I think arcadia was the make any way ). His appetite was good this morning for both his crickets and his veggies and doesnt seem bothered at all and we are going to find some neosporin today or at least an equivalent here in the UK

thanks Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom