Morty: Pics update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted his intro thread over in introductions, but I figure I should start one here too :D

I picked this guy up yesterday at the Edmonton Reptile and Amphibian Society's Show and Sale. Should have changed the name to snake sale, for that's what was there for the most part :? But of course that makes me want to pick up a ball python next show :roll:

Anywho, the vendor told me that the ones that they had there were reds with some German Giant in them, so that's pretty exciting :D
100_0814.jpg

Bought a scale today, so we could do the measure him up and weigh him in
100_0822.jpg

100_0820.jpg

13 inches and 104 grams. And 4 months old from what I was told. I'm going to see if I can get a hold of the vendors to see if I can get a hatch date and verify the bloodlines, because all this record keeping stuff is fascinating to me :)

I woke up this morning to him trying to impress the non-present ladies :lol: :roll:
100_0825.jpg

Double sexy leg? :laughhard:

He took some crickets this morning, so that's comforting, knowing that he's in shed and likely going to give me the worries if/when he decides to do the relocation stress thing. :roll: But I guess it's the sort of thing that they are best at :lol: Also gave me a nice poo for me while he soaked. I'm going to try and keep the next one to send it off for parasites and the like, just to make sure he's in good shape :p I haven't given him greens yet, because daddy was a bit forgetful and nervous and didn't have the greens ready for today :oops: At least I picked up some collard, acorn squash and a coleslaw mix that I'll try with him tomorrow :)

General question: If I dust his feeders, should I dust his salad as well? Dusting regimen is 5 days w/ calcium and 1 with the multivitamin for babies to <1 year?

We're still thinking of names for him, and my mother is insisting we have a contest for names. Even though I sort of have a name picked out :p I'm thinking Levi, but my sister seems pretty bent on Zeus, which I'm not too terribly fond of :roll:

polardragon

Original Poster
I took a fecal sample in sometime last week and the results came in.

He has pinworms.

The vet said that she ID'd at least 2 maybe 3 other kinds of worms that are in the same family as pins. I figured something was up considering that his stool was loose and had a bit of mucus/water w/ it. They've got him on Strongid-T that I gave him orally yesterday, and he'll get the second dose on the 21st.

In other news...

All in all he seems to be doing just fine, eating his crickets and pooping regularly now. We've got it down to every 1-2 days. He doesn't seem to be taking his salad but he's still getting it through the crix which are on a similar diet. :lol: It's looking like he's getting ready to shed the top of his head, so that means I'm doing something right. :mrgreen: He's a little lazy when I give him crickets; he waits for them to come to him, rather than hunting them. Probably because from what I was told, they were put up on supers *shudder* Funny to watch him when the crix are crawling all over him. When they get to his head, he closes his eyes and starts shaking as if to say, "getitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoff" Then I kindly brush it off for him :)

So, the other day I had him in his feeding bin w/ his crickets and when he was finished, I put him on the carpet so I could deal with the crix. I empty the tub and put Morty back in, and literally two seconds later there is POOP in the container. Better in the tub than the carpet :lol:

Did a weigh in and measure today:

13 3/8" and 129g :shock: what did I do to him! I think most of that weight increase is crix and poop though >.> haha

polardragon

Original Poster
Alright, I figured it's been a while since I've posted (I've lurked, just not posting :roll: ) And I figure it's my turn to hand out pics to you pic lovers :lol:

15.5" and 220g :shock: :blob5:
100_0852.jpg

100_0851.jpg

100_0845.jpg

100_0844.jpg

100_0849.jpg

Morty's still doing fine. Still battling parasites though. Vet told me that they did go down though. I fear the second dose was near ineffective since he put at least 30g+ between doses and he's put on another 100g since the first round (124 first time) Dosage was the same so... :? So we'll see where we get this go around haha. He was on Strongid-T if anyone was/is curious. Vet will likely do that again since it just isn't cost effective for them to order in panacur/acidoliphiz(sp?)/albon

I did get him outside for a bit a couple days ago. Pretty calm about it. I have yet to see him beard anything yet. The closest thing I've seen him do was flare it out and do a weird tripod pose leaning to one side at a closet door :laughhard: Silly beardie. I'll have to see if I can drudge up a pic of that because I think my mom got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom