morph question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the difference between a full translucent and a partial translucent? Ive looked at the dragons available on bloodbankdragons.com and theyve had both types for sale. Also, I know that the "general" rule for translucents is that they have black eyes, but im seeing more and more dragons on their website listed as trans that have normal looking eyes (although I did notice that they may have brown eyes, but they had a black circle around the brown that the normals didnt have).

Jayson745

Hatchling Member
I'm not really sure whats going on with this either. I think the term has evolved. Because I was under the impression that a partial trans, was a het trans, that hatched out looking completely normal, then turned into a visual trans as it grew. When they were bred, they still acted like a het trans in regards to the amount of trans babies they produced. Lots of trans dont have black eyes. But all the sudden, the last year or so, everybody is refering to any non black eyed trans as a partial trans. Calling non black eyed trans, low expression trans would probably be better imo, even though some non black eyed ones are really really translucent in the body. I understand the strive for black eyed trans though, because it makes them look way cooler. To the people who dont think non black eyed trans should be bred, I say thats nonsense. The trans gene finally gets a little breathing room in the genetic variation aspect and they get bottle necked all over again because only a small portion of trans produced are all the sudden good enough to breed.

well the partial trans are still trans only it shows on one part of the body. most partial trans's have normal head and legs with the body and tail being trans and the normal eyes is normal for some lines of translucent dragon and is becoming more and more common (but i like the full black eyes it looks so cool)!!!!!! 8) :puke: :angry5: :puke: :angry5: :puke: :angry5: :puke: :angry5: :puke: :angry5: :puke: :angry5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom