Mojito's final hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanH121

My bearded dragon Mojito is currently passing away. It started last night with the bursting of the aneryusm which was located at the back left of his head which spread to his left eye. I'm taking him in to the vet within the hour, the earliest I could get him in, to say good bye for good. If anyone knows of a way I could ease his final moments it'd be very appreciated.

I would also like to thank the community for all they help you've provided over the two years I had mojito, without all of your helpful information there would be no way I could have properly taken care of him. Thank you all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Ryan...I don't know that I have any suggestions but just want to say how very sorry I am . :( Is the area bleeding/seeping ? Is he in a lot of pain ? Some would say to hold him.....depending on how he reacts you might do so but if he's in obvious discomfort when handled you might just let him be and talk very quietly to him. I wish I could help more , wish there was another outcome. But my hear goes out to you and Mojito. :(

RyanH121

Original Poster
The area is not bleeding but it is very apparent that it's mostly internal. The area over his eye is no longer swollen and for the back of his head it is half of its original size. All signals that it has burst. His beard is jet black and he'll have moments of standing up but after a short time he'll just slump back to laying down closing his eyes again. I'm on the way to the vet now. Thank you for the advice.

I truly am sorry for your loss. I recently lost mine to liver cancer so I know the pain. It doesn't go away, but, it does get easier. I still Cry for Belle because I do miss her. But I take comfort knowing I gave her a happy life and , thanks in big part to this website, a healthy quality of life. Just like I'm sure you gave Mojito. We both lost our loves too soon. Maybe now they hanging out together being real dragons with wings and everything! I hope this doesn't deter you from trying again. This world needs more great reptile people.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry for little Mojito. ? That is heartbreaking for you. At least you were there for him. He will always be with you.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom