Moe loves his new background....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
.... maybe just a little bit too much though!

229676_10150175407905811_661085810_7402557_2063202_n.jpg
227067_10150175262945811_661085810_7401494_4900135_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/embed/46FoDSFIw6s Added video now of his antics.

Its been in two days and he's constantly trying to bask on the rock in the scenary.... looks like i've got a project to do eeek!

On a side note how close can they get to the UV before it gets dangerous... he'd practically got his nose under it earlier so i moved a piece of bark away to make it so he couldn't reach as high.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
lmao looks like hes perched on the rock lol... each to there own on the u.v.b light hun as one of my girls has found a way up onto a ledge where the uv is and she lays on it (ledge and uv) its been like that for months and she has never got burned . shes now five months old and rarely gets up there now (to fat) so i went to the beach and she now has a massive log pearched 4 iches under it , which is her spot. i use arcadia 12% u.v.b and its changed every 6 months . just remember its glass so massive risk of smashing in an adult beardie , just use a log looks like he loves it , oh and change it reguar as well xx

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Fluorescent UVB lights don't emit nearly enough UVB to harm a beardie. I think that the best fluorescent UVB emits like 5% of UVB that sun in Australia does. That's why 15 minutes on the sun equals all day under the fluorescent UVB (that's fluorescent/tube and NOT mercury vapor bulbs, MVB can be harmful to your dragon if they are to close to it).

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Its an Arcadia 12% and been in about 2 weeks ;) The old mis-sold 6% had just hit the 6 month mark and i'd got the cash spare to get both beardes new uvs.

Normally he'll just lie on the log and is about 6-7 inches away if not further... its just with the new background he's been 'glass dancing' on that spot and trying to grab the picture lol. Got a vid on my phone i'll pop on here too... comedy value :lol: :blob5:

Thanks for the advice guys.. bit wary of him smashing the glass so will keep it lower.. just hope he gets bored of climbing it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom