Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I was cleaning my beardies tank and I noticed tiny tan bugs and a couple of red ones very small. They were only in the tank and not on my beardie. I noticed them primarily around this wood hide that I have. Should I be concerned? I took everything out and am soaking it in hot water as well as cleaning the tank w wipe out and bathing my beardie but I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience w these? I use paper towels as my substrate.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does sound like mites. Were you able to get them all cleaned out then, when you
cleaned out his tank? I would try either oregano or basil oil, maybe even peppermint on or
around the perimeter of the tank. It might helps to keep the mites out of his tank.

Tracie

Jeesicaag13

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I did get them out when cleaning the tank. I haven’t seen any more since so I’m hoping this took care of it. I honestly think they came from the wood pieces i have in the tank. It’s been humid and when where I live so I’m wondering if that brought them out. Good thing is none are on him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear that you were able to finally get rid of the mites! They can be really hard
to eradicate. The wood from outdoors was most likely the culprit. I'm happy that you got them
all off of him, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom