Misting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
i currently mist my little 8 inch beardie (Buddha) so that he will drink, BUT this made me worried about humidity?
is it ok to mist him once/twice a day so that he can drink?
he does have a water bowl in his viv that i put fresh water in daily.

And, i mist his veg when it his too dry to try and make it last longer/ encourage him to eat it (only had him 3 days, dont think he likes veg much :p) will this also cause problems with humidity?

tonid

Hatchling Member
Hi, misting will raise the humidity in the tank which is not a good thing, water bowls can also do this. I too put a little water on the veg to keep it fresher and I haven't had a problem with this. If your dragon enjoys being misted, do it out of the tank. Bathing is the best way to hydrate your beardie. Give him a good soak in shallow warm water every couple of days :)

Ebrithil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
soo, i should remove his water bowl and mist him outside? is it ok to put him back in still wet?

he does enjoy being misted, the noise he makes drinking is sooooo cute aswell xD
yep, i think i'll start bathing him tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom