MISSING Beardy :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've never posted on a forum before but the past week ive been reading posts on this awesome website about beardys going missing because i lost mine to :( We got him when he was very little 5 years ago and i love him sooo very much and alot of people dont understand how much i love my little guy! He is family to me! So, the last time i saw him i was letting him roam free around our house for a litte while and just could not find him and i checked all the spots he usually goes with no luck :( We rent a small house and just have 1 floor no basement or attic. We also do not have alot of stuff and i have been looking for him everyday for hours since he went missing (almost 2 weeks ago) I looked EVERYWHERE and looked online and researched about lost bearded dragons and i was surprised that some people just randomly find their dragons in the middle of the floor after being missing for weeks and checking everywhere! Im not going to lose hope that he will come back, i love him too much! Im not sure if you guys can help but i just wanted to post because i have no one else to talk to about this and no one understands what my bearded dragon means to me! :cry:

SukiLove

Juvie Member
You can try setting up a warm spot on the floor for him using a lamp, it may draw him to it. There have been some people who find their beardies inside their furniture, especially if there is a tear somewhere. I wouldn't give up hope!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry that he went missing like that, it does seem to happen somewhat frequently.
Have you looked under everything that has dark coves, etc that he could be sleeping, etc in? A laundry basket, up under a mattress box springs?

Tracie

taylorb123

Original Poster
He's still missing :,( I have a super tiny house and checked everywhere I don't know what to do anymore

SukiLove

Juvie Member
They can find the oddest places to hide, so I would check again in case he moved. Is there a chance he got outside?

taylorb123

Original Poster
I'm not sure how he would have got outside but I have been looking around my house in the bushes, I just bought some crickets and maybe when they make noises he will come out to try and find them. I'm going to go try looking for him again I'll let you know if he shows up :)

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Thinking of you and hoping your precious Beardie comes out of his little game of hide and seek really soon. Don't lose hope. I'm sure s/he will turn up soon.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Do you have large appliances like a refrigerator or a washer and dryer? It's possible that he is hiding behind them, and possibly underneath if he could fit. I would be VERY careful when moving anything heavy to look for him. Check in sheets/fabrics, in-between/underneath cushions. Since you have a small place, I would start on one end and work my way to the other. Just be gentle when moving things in case he's hiding in there! If you are sure he didn't get out, hopefully he will come out soon. :)

Sometimes they show up in the strangest places, my sister's turtle escaped when we were young and we found him in her closet on her hung clothes! A turtle shouldn't be able to climb like that, but he got up there somehow!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Aw, I was hoping that he would have shown up by now! Don't give up, he may be inside of the house somewhere that you have just missed. :cry: Have you looked under/behind the fridge also?

Tracie

coffeebutt

Hope your beardie comes back soon; I would be a wreck too. I wouldn't loose hope i've seen so many stories of them just appearing out of no where days or even weeks later...but yeah maybe put a few of the decor down on the floor with a heat lamp so they'll be attracted to the warmth; or toss a bug or two on the floor in different places to see if they go for that...i know if sasha is somewhere and i toss a dubia on the floor that usually has her running.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, I was hoping you would have found him by now!
Did you go back & look over everywhere again, even places where you did before?
I hope that he shows up!

Tracie

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm sorry your dragon has been AWOL for so long. Is your A/C keeping the temps in your house low?
There is a chance that your buddy has curled up somewhere and gone to sleep. Someone mentioned setting out a lamp to attract your dragon. I wonder if letting the house temp warm up, if it is indeed cool, would coax him out?

Would some of you please render an opinion on this theory? It's just a shot in the dark. Good luck!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Esther19":3g82eepq said:
I'm sorry your dragon has been AWOL for so long. Is your A/C keeping the temps in your house low?
There is a chance that your buddy has curled up somewhere and gone to sleep. Someone mentioned setting out a lamp to attract your dragon. I wonder if letting the house temp warm up, if it is indeed cool, would coax him out?

Would some of you please render an opinion on this theory? It's just a shot in the dark. Good luck!

I agree with this, when Suki was out roaming she would curl up and sleep under the coffee table if the A/C was running high, but was continually running around in the winter when we had the heat running. It could be an idea, that and looking everywhere again. Sometimes when we are really looking for something we can look right over it. It's possible that he is sleeping and when you move things around it doesn't even make him move. Can you get someone else to help you look? A fresh pair of eyes may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom